Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP vs. Non-DEP / iMacs that are donated

Good Afternoon JAMFers, Our district is on the receiving end of some donated iMacs that are being purchased through Apple, by some other 3rd party and then being donated to our district. Both the 3rd Party and Apple for whatever reason don't want to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deleting DEP on the jss and Replacing. Problems?

Hi Everyone. Really dumb question. I'll try to be as brief as possible. Have a problem where DEP is not communicating with our jss. Error "Sync Failed. Awaiting Next Sync. I've tried a new token upload but every time I get an "Problem Contacting Appl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enforce Managed AppleID on iPad Fleet

Hi, we have a large fleet of Junior School iPads and have only just finished the federation of managed AppleIDs in ASM. I know it is a long shot, but is there a way for us to push the AppleID for the assigned user out to the device and enforce iCloud...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad capacity issue

We have set up a shared iPad environment for our junior school students, to be able to take advantage of Apple School Manager, EDU Profiles & Classroom. We have decided to make most of our iPads 1-to-1 Shared devices with "Maximum Shared iPad Users S...  View more

c11ab2a03aef42ea8c14165cecd93ac8
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

ASM / Release / Wipe - Remote

Hello! We are K-12 and allow our senior class to purchase their MacBook Air at the end of the year. We are attempting to allow this process with zero touch from our tech staff. Has anyone already mastered removing firmware, ASM, DEP, wipe and restore...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Student Managed Apple IDs and verification codes

This started happening today.We had to sign into three existing managed apple ids on a new or updated iPad. All three sent verification failed messages. The solution was to get a verification code from ASM and then sign into AppleID on a laptop. Once...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Federated Managed Apple ID Verification Errors / Issues

I work for a K-12 district. Before this year, we had been using ASM, Apple Classroom and Shared iPad. However, this school year it was decided that we would take the plunge in 1:1. At about the same time we made the decision to go 1:1, Azure Federati...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deleted prestage, way to recover it?

Ill start off that Im pretty sure I know the answer for this already but here it goes. My coworker was removing machines from a prestage and got lost doing something and forgot where/what he was doing. He then deleted our Student prestage (2800 machi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared Apple ID's

Hoping someone can help.We have 20 iPads being used in the Music department, for Garageband and alike was working fine until the teacher decided she would like some iBooks installed. I'm pretty new to Apple and Jamf but it appears that you cannot ass...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Enrollment iOS - Stalls at Location Services

JAMF Pro v10.17.1 New devices in a new prestage (iOS) that has a ENROLLMENT CUSTOMIZATION CONFIGURATION to show the EULA for our org. After JAMF Pro Enrollment Screen, things stall out at Locations Services. I cannot choose Enable Location Services, ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Classes Cleanup

Our district is in the process of implementing the use of Apple Classroom for our mobile devices. While I was importing Classes into JAMF from PowerSchool, I screwed it up and imported way more classes than will be using Classroom, and I also apparen...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Sync Failing

I've noticed lately that ASM is not syncing with JSS intermittently, it will come up with the error: Sync failed. Awaiting next sync. I've already placed public token in ASM and have uploaded the ASM token to JSS. No changes have been made to our fir...  View more

• 71 replies
  • 2 kudos

Deleted classroom classes returning randomly

During the beginning of the school year I finally synced our school manager with our powerschool instance. I then attempted to import users into Jamf, however I also pulled the classes and ruined all of our teachers ad hoc classes. We hand deleted ev...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad setup issues

Hey all,I just starting up the shared iPad feature on a new cart and encountering a few issues I wanted to ask about. First of all, once our prestage dep enrollment hits, it reboots the iPad and asks for a student to login which is fine, but then get...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid Profile - iPad OS - Apple Configurator 2

I am trying to DEP a number of iPads via Apple Configurator 2. I have done this in the past on 700 iPads with no issue. However now I am getting the following error: Invalid Profile [MCProfileErrorDomain – 0x3E8 (1000)] My organization is set correct...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Powerschool and Apple Classroom (Student Photos)

Good morning everyone! How are you guys doing student photos so they show up in Apple Classroom? We are currently use Powerschool as our SIS and can definitely export those photos as either PNG or JPEG if need be. Is there a method of directly linkin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSL Certificate Push

Hi Guys, I understand that Jamf Pro allows users to centrally push out SSL certificates to Apple devices. However, I was just wondering if Jamf School allows for the same thing. If so, does anyone have a guide/link to a guide for this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad can't reach activation server

We seem to have random onesie or twosie iPads that absolutely refuse to reach the activation server. I'm working on an iPad now and even after removing it from an ASM assignment (and Jamf prestage) and then putting it back in, it gets the refusal mes...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renewing with Apple's Device Enrollment

https://docs.jamf.com/10.11.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Integrating_with_Apple's_Device_Enrollment.html I'm trying to follow the documentation for the version we're running. The problem is that we're renewing not starting fresh and that isn't addr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM Apple ID's

I am just now starting to deploy mobile devices so forgive me for any lack of basic knowledge. I am assigning users in my domain a Managed Apple ID so we can manage and regulate purchases and such. But my users have reported not being able to use the...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot connect to iTunes Store

I'm trying to push apps out to an iPad and they are all coming back with the error "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I know I have licenses for all the apps. My DEP connection is current. All of my VPP Accounts connections are current. When I go into...  View more

cbe3456c54e14632a5e449489d8d46d9
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad and problems with log out

Having some problems with shared iPads "hanging" at the login screen and not letting new users login with correct credentials.I did find a manual way to solve it but wonder if other others have found a way to automate a solution. Problem: Users seems...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple School manager not accessible today?

Tried to login today to school.apple.com with my credentials, although it asked for a verification code on the cellphone as expected , once introduce , it goes back to the login screen directly without any error message. Do you experience the same th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels