Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

depnotify-script-based-install - DEPNotify-Starter

Up until recently, we have been using a script "depnotify-script-based-install" based on the https://github.com/jamf/DEPNotify-Starter instruction. But since Big Sur we are finding it no longer kicks off by itself. We have to boot the iMac, it picks ...  View more

023626de86964931ade78200fce3d554
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Big Sur Deprecated Media Restrictions

Noticed on the restrictions payload in configuration profiles that Media Restrictions are listed as deprecated after macOS 10.15. Does anybody know if there is an alternative method for blocking external drives in Big Sur?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show wifi status in menu bar.

Does anyone have a script or a terminal command to show WiFi in the menu bar? I have been trying and nothing I do works. I am on Big Sur. I need a way to implement this to all of the Macs in my environment.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Provisioning/Imaging Catalina MacBook Pro

Hello Jamf Nation, Please forgive me for my lack of technical term usage in this post but hoping someone could help me with a better process for setting up new MacBook Pros with my company's software. In the past, we had a provision script that we wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prompt user to allow bootstrap token M1 macs

Reading the apple support documentation (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211860) It seems in order to support Kernel extensions or software updates on M1 macs you need use ADE or change the security policy in Recovery to allow this. We currently do...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Search domains to our VPN configuration

We need to add search domains to our VPN configuration that we push out with Jamf Pro.We've tried "networksetup -setsearchdomains "name of our VPN adapter" .ourdomain.com". This does not work against VPN network adapters. Anyone has a way to add them...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skip Setup Items

Hi!I am not sure to understand what the "Skip Setup Items" payload is, especially outside a prestage enrollment profile.Could you explain?  View more

d60979de9a3845a394b9249b4c6e7cab
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Screen Lock in MacOS

We have several general use computers with automatic login, and the fact that Screen Lock (aka: "Require Password after screen saver begins") is killing us. Every reference I have found to disabling Screen Lock either refers to the plist from when it...  View more

aee267d46a6a4b178137ac3e2b762daf
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X Setup

Good Morning,We are in the middle of a project of rolling out authenticated ethernet using 802.1X. We have configured a configuration profile in our environment, and it works at first connection, but then if you renew DHCP or disconnect and reconnect...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporarily disable AMP Network Extension

Our developers have a workflow here that when the AMP Network Extension in active, it's a show stopper Their work around is to "Make Service Inactive" as in the screenshot. Obviously they then don't Activate it again once they're done. Is there a way...  View more

008cd8686ead4d0a86c46157b37f9d56
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Chrome Settings to disable Javascript

Looking for a way to manage Chrome browser preferences on all of our company devices. Preferably if there is a way to create a configuration profile or custom app install with the specified preferences. The main preference change would be to have jav...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Wallpaper to M1 Macs

I've been trying to distribute backgrounds to the M1 Macs for days. but unfortunately these M1s behave completely opposite to the Intels. Log says "Completed" but on the M1 is only a blue background instead of the distributed background. all Intel Ma...  View more

08880cad488943088c0422b222b3784e cf13ea6836b944819919468d53465725 0b85f09e2bae463f8b46c01881f275b5
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Push Configuration Policy via Script

Hi, I am trying to install a Configuration Profile as soon as some software is installed. At the moment I am using a Smart Group, but that needs a Recon before the machine is added to the group and the profile is pushed. Is there a way I could push i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos SSO Extension

Good morning, I've been looking into ways to get away from AD binding and have had some mild success in testing the SSO extension with Kerberos. I've found that i'm successfully getting a ticket and the majority of functionality is working as intende...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imacs unenrolling by themselves

I have several iMacs that unenroll themselves from JAMF. When this happens. I check the profiles and they are all or almost all gone. There may only be one or two left. I go and enroll them again through our portal but they eventually unenroll again ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO Extension not finding network

When testing the SSO connection to AD over our VPN, if I disconnect and then later reconnect to our VPN, the SSO extension can't find the network. If I run a kinit command in terminal, this seems to resolve it, but I can't have users constantly do th...  View more

4e08cc50b5a2414f820cc8e34b6de885
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles best disabling practice

Older threads imply that removal is difficult so I would like to change mine to do nothing or mostly harmless and then distribute the updated one. It currently has a restriction payload which seems ugly to fix since some are allow and others are rest...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporarily suspend configuration profiles?

Is there any way to temporarily suspend a configuration profile for single user or on a single device? For example, we have a compliance requirement that prohibits the use of external USB storage devices; allowed by exception only. So if I have a use...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft AutoUpdate App Notifications Settings

I'm trying to set notification settings for MAU, but the app is not appearing in System Preferences > Notifications. I've tried using both of these identifiers: com.microsoft.autoupdate2 com.microsoft.autoupdate.fba Here is the plist I'm using: N...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any issues retaining old system extensions?

We have recently been experiencing issues with Symantec Endpoint Protection which we have deployed to all our JAMF managed devices. We believe that the root cause is due to some misconfigured Config Profiles which were not pre-approving some system e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels