Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Migrating to Kerberos Extension

We wish to migrate to macOS Catalina and the Kerberos SSO Extension. We have previously used AD binding. As part of manually migrating a computer, we put it in a static group called "Unbound". This group is scoped with configuration profiles for Kerb...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternative to Centrify Express

We've been using Centrify Express on a mixed Mac/Linux/Windows estate for a few years now. It handles the UID creation and simple authentication to our Windows AD environment and keeps everything consistent. This is especially important because we're...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Signed and sealed secure binding to AD

Hello Everyone, I will be the first to admit, I am not sure what it is I am asking for, so please forgive me if I am not asking for the right information or in the right manner. I bumped into one of directory guys in our department. He asked me to re...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

O365 Activation/Authentication Issue

Hey all! We are having an issue with Office activation that is stumping us. Hoping someone else has run into it. Upon first open of Office apps, it prompts for sign in. Users enter their email address and then get a "Loading" window. Eventually, the ...  View more

ceaf0e5a76264e7aa5fcffaa7c69cfb6 a0583d7472e24682b864515013ee8e53 d2ff51a899aa4d2a85645f98dbf89e7d 0e2c7a54475f4ca1a29c3dd8a6c045ad
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Scripting Help

I have had an issue recently where some of my student laptops are not binding to our Open Directory Server. I can cure this by Unbinding and Rebinding. Through trial and error, it seems that the issue is related to the Keychain Entry for the LDAP som...  View more

eb2174b4704d44bbbf3ec87961c2a5ae
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP to LDAPS

Hi guys, We currently bind our Macs to AD as we are predominately a Windows shop, and I've been asked by our infrastructure team to ensure that our clients no longer send unsigned LDAP connections to our domain controllers. Until now, I've been bindi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory on macs

We are having an issue here in the district where the macs are no longer pulling from Active directory. Some are working just fine, but others that say they have completed the AD bind are not letting any user in unless its the local admin account. I ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Restrictions Network Admin

My organization is in its first year of using Jamf Pro and now I am the de facto Apple admin. I recently configured our desktop support AD admin group to have admin access on AD bound Macs with their network admin accounts. That part is working perfe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding pull down certs?

Is there a way to have the certificates come down during bind? It seems that Centrify is able to do it and Windows devices do it, but when we bind the Mac using native tools they do not.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Username with "-" minus or "_" underscore

Hello, we are more or less new to Jamf Pro and rollout our first managed Macs in a friedly user phase. Main Problem:AD usernames with - or _ in it like "muller-riha.marc" will not work. It is shaking like the password is wrong. Does anybody know anyt...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming Scrip occasionally failing

Hey All! I have been working on a section of my provisioning script that names the computer then I'm using the built-in Jamf binding tool after the script runs so the proper name is used. The problem I'm running into is that from time to time the ren...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow User logon issues

We have a good amount of new iMacs that are very slow to sign in using active directory credentials. The iMacs at the same location that are not on jamf pro log in almost instantly. I have load packages in the background turned on. I have not used ja...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup Directory Binding

Hello. Our company is new to JAMF and we need to setup Directory Binding. We're considering NoMAD as well but waiting for more info from sales. In the Directory Binding settings, what format of info need to be put into Computer OU? Our computers will...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding to on prem ad with JAMF cloud

Hi All, I did some searching and didn't find anything that exactly fit my question so I figured I would ask here. I am trying to figure out if jamf cloud and the directory binding configs will work with on prem AD such that, a mac gets delivered to o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sudden issue mounting Windows Home Folders

Hello all, The following is an issue affecting Mac OS Siera, High Siera, and Mojave in our environment. I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving it from the community :) Historically, binding our Macs to AD (with force local home directory on...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

hostname variable for FQDN

My current site utilizes a Network Policy Server (NPS) for authentication to the tightly controlled Wi-Fi. The WiFi is EAP and uses machine authentication through NPS I have that part working properly. I was able to create a profile that polls the AD...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Your Mac infrastructure?

Hi All, Hoping you can all chip in with some helpful information and enlighten me a bit. Our current infrastructure for Macs is rocky at best. I took it all on last year and got Jamf put in to sort out a growing number of issues. Quick points about t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels