Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Binding to AD - custom home directory

Background: we have a small fleet of Macs (High Sierra) which we are trying to bind to an AD forest. We don't have much control over this instance of AD as it is managed by a different entity than ourselves, so what I'm describing here assumes that w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP, SSO, and AD Groups

Close to opening a support ticket, but thought I'd check to make sure this actually works for anyone before I do. We've just recently setup SSO, which works well, provided I've pre-created the account under Settings->System Settings->Jamf Pro User Ac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD home directory not loading in 10.13

I have a bunch of lab computers that are joined to our domain and when users log in, their home directory isn't loading. I have "force local home directory on startup disk" and "Use UNC path from Active Directory to derive network home location" enab...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Connect/Disconnect

I've been fighting AD for a while here and hope someone might be able to provide a bit of assistance. As I have dug through all of the documentation on here about AD binding, I have changed my scripting multiple times to try to enhance the connection...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD local password change problem

Hi nation, I'm currently using NoMAD in my Jamf environment, but it the local password sync doesn't seem to be doing its job. When the password has been changed, I would assume that NoMAD at the least would prompt for a password change after a reboot...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline Access for LDAP?

I am wondering if it's possible to do something similar to AD w/ mobile accounts on an LDAP setup. I am test driving Foxpass and hoping we can get a configuration that is location agnostic.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory Bindings

Hi All, I have an issue with the Directory Bindings. After Imaging the machine is bind to AD but User Experience and Administrative settings are not applied. Our JAMF Pro server version is 10.5.0. It worked as expected before and at some point it sto...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Login Failure

Hi All, I have an odd issue. I converted a local account to a mobile account on a Macbook Pro running 10.13.2. It is joined to the domain. When I attempt to login using the converted account I get denied (shaken off). I am able to login using my doma...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer name changing when binding to Domain

I am fairly new to managing Macs with JAMF. We are attempting to both name and bind the computers to AD with policies during enrollment. The issue we run into is, our naming script works, however, when the computers bind to the domain the NetBIOS nam...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Domain Join >>>Suggestion

We have 3 domains in our org , how do i automate the domain join based on Site codes. For eg :: We have total 553 sites in total and based on site code, i need to automate the domain join. Like site code starting with xyz should bind to first domain....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Semi-Regular "Do you Bind" discussion

With 10.13 now out and moving along, and the requirements of local accounts created through the GUI for certain admin functionality, FV2 not playing nice with mobile accounts, and a few other quirks, has that changed peoples perspectives on binding? ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternatives to Active Directory and JumpCloud

Hello, We currently have no central authority for machine authentication in our environment, and all of our users have local admin accounts (I know, I know). Our existing domain services solution is GSuite, and we have a moratorium on any on-prem sol...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use UNC path for AD binding...use it or not?

Hi Everyone, We modified our AD binding in the JSS to use the UNC path. Initially, the thought was to allow a network home directory to be used when students/employees were logging in. This has worked in our testing. Going forward, we found some erro...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bound vs. Non-Bound AD Integration

Hello, What are the reasons you would go for a Non-Bound AD integration using a tool like the one from Apple Enterprise or this one I just came across: https://www.nomad.menu We currently bind everything to AD within our Apple Environment, and rarely...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd AD issue, opendirectoryd using 100% CPU

We've been struggling with an odd AD issue at one site for days now, and I'm running out of ideas to try. I'm hoping someone has seen something like this in the past and can point me in a direction. I suspect DNS, but haven't been able to find anythi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netsus setup with Ldap login

Hello,We currently are not using ldap for JSS cloud and we intend to keep it that way. However, we want to use AD login for the NetSUS server. I have followed the instructions from here: http://content.jamfcloud.com/NetBootSUSLPServerUserGuide_v4.0.0...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netsus setup with Ldap login

Hello,We currently are not using ldap for JSS cloud and we intend to keep it that way. However, we want to use AD login for the NetSUS server. I have followed the instructions from here: http://content.jamfcloud.com/NetBootSUSLPServerUserGuide_v4.0.0...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use alternate path for AD users network home

At a loss here. I need to redirect AD users network homes to a different path than the one in their AD profile for a client using Casper. This is easy with Centrify but can't work out a scriptable method. It's easy enough to mount wherever with a Lau...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Touch Parallels install w/ Windows 10

I am moving to a no touch imaging process. I have 90% of the process complete. The issue I am having consists of Parallels 12 with Windows 10. This will also be for when end users decide they want/need Parallels I can just push it to them. Issue:The ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapped drive preventing logon to Active Directory

We are in the process of migrating users and computer from one domain (Windows 2008 domain and forest functional level) to Windows 2012 R2. Users are migrated with their SID History as well as groups. Users, also, have their home drive mapped to H: i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels