Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

App Deployment to Supervised and Managed iPad

Greetings, all! I am fairly new to iOS MDM with Jamf Now so apologies in advance. I am testing iOS deployment using Apple Configurator 2 for all non-DEP enrolled iOS devices for a future MDM rollout. I have created a blueprint for this iPad and have ...  View more

a4527049f81b460c9d6d4afa8190056a 9e923eb37a5d4814975e9b8a3445dd7a bcbd80a8293242cab037b9628eaac37c 8d22a4f84d074af1aacd382eda74a3e0
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing an SSL cert to iOS

Hello, I work at a school that uses a web filter which requires a cert installed on every device for SSL inspection. It's easy enough to push out the cert to the MacOS devices, but I'm having trouble pushing them to our iPads. I can create a configur...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update App for One Device?

I have a user that wants an app updated on their device. This app has been known to have problems when updating, therefore I do not want to update it across all users and devices. Our users do not have access to the App Store. Is it possible for me t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MDM profile, not sure what I am missing.

Cloned a working profile, to set up a "Teen" profile with different restrictions. Now, though, whenever I attempt to add ANY app, including Self-Service, it's asking for iTunes login info. VPP is set up properly. I tore out all apps EXCEPT for self-s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Link to in-house PDFs in iBooks (iOS)

I'm distributing a bunch of in-house apps that have reference materials delivered to iBooks as in-house eBooks. I want to find a way to link the two. So far I can't get beyond a URL iBooks:// but the behaviour of that just opens the last used doc in ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Push out Web Clips to Shared iPads

We are moving some of our iPads from Single User to Shared iPad mode. Found out that we cannot Push out Web Clips :( Seems very arbitrary to prevent web clips from being pushed out to iPads just because they are in Shared iPad mode.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad cannot remove Apps

Has anyone else noticed that when you put an iPad into Shared iPad mode, that you can no longer remove an app that is installed? We have just been erasing our lower grade iPads and putting them into Shared iPad, and teachers were re-installing apps, ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stubborn Installs from Self Service

I have had several occurrences where an app will NOT install from Self Service, and there doesn't seem to be a fix. Seems to be the Apple apps as well (Classroom and in the case of the screenshots attached Swift Playground) Even when excluding the iP...  View more

6081676d86f04b84abc9e9787fbb29b6 ff4f0755283a4205a1081daf338242f4 7bec03842faa40f6a96e0bcb8cc01e39
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ebooks not opening

I'm trying to work out how to distribute in-house ebooks and seem to be hitting a wall. I've added the epub to C:Program FilesJSSTomcatwebappsinhouse and can see the document in Self Service but nothing happens when I install. Any thoughts?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keynote iOS App crashes

I have got a shared ipad device on which keynote is distributed but it crashes upon start, regardless which user is logged in. Which is the best/fastest way to remove/reinstall/update keynote on the device?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Portals- no search results. Anyone else?

We are unable to search in the VPP portal. Every search comes up with no items found. This is happening across multiple portals and even hen not logged in. Apple System Status shows no problems at this time  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Installs from Self Service

Don't know if I am dreaming (or nightmare), but it seems as if when installing apps from Self Service on iOS devices, it installs the version of the app at time of purchase, then updates the app after it installs. I installed Google Drive, Google Doc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Revoking apps - timeline

Can anyone confirm if I have this correct..... When you revoke apps from a device, they stay 'active' on that device for a time period (28 days?) before the app and its content then disappearing. Within this 'grace period' the user then has the oppor...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Apple ID and Books

So I've created some managed Apple IDs to test with and I'm trying to distribute the "App Development with Swift" iBooks book. Managed Apple ID is signed in to iTunes Store and iCloud on the device. Assigned apps install just fine. I've "purchased" t...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf & UC San Diego Health

I just saw this article on MacRumors showing a whole hospital doing near precisely what we're doing in my school district, and so naturally I'm dying to peek under the hood and see how they implemented this deployment. In our case there was quite a l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps Disappear After Restore

After doing an iCloud restore of a backed up iPad, all of the previously installed apps are listed ... for a minute. Then they disappear before completing the installation, as though they've been revoked. This is happening on old iTunes accounts, new...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Configuration Profile Dock Web Clips

Trying to get my Webclips into the dock in a configuration profile on iOS 10 using JSS 9.96. I can push the web clips with the Web Clip tab in the configuration profile...but when I try to arrange it into the dock it doesn't seem to work. Any thought...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad app distribution workflow suggestions

I'm looking for some guidance and best practice ideas. We are a district of about 1000 macs and 200 iPads. The macs we manage with success but we are struggling with how to best distribute apps to iPads. We have a mix of uses - some carts, personally...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device based VPP App Deployment

I am currently using JSS 9.93 to manage iOS 10 devices. I am attempting to push VPP apps to the device without requiring an iTunes logon. This is my first time working with iOS MDM. I have a VPP account and "purchased" several free applications via t...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service broken on iOS v9.96

TO BE CLEAR THE JSS VERSION IS 9.96 NOT iOS SORRY Hi Everyone! Just hoping to pick some brains here, but I'm currently unable to use Selfservice on any mobile device in our company. I get a message which says "Unable to connect to server." I've verif...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Erreur lors du déploiement du Self Service

Bonjour, Nous souhaitons déployer l'application "Self Service" sur nos tablettes, mais nous rencontrons une erreur lors de l'installation de celle-ci: " L'identifiant ITunes Store de l'application n'a pu être validé ". Pourtant, tous les ports réseau...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble managing iWork/iLife apps iOS

We are attempting to launch 200 iPads in the coming weeks and I was under the impression that the app suite that comes pre installed (keynote, pages, garageband, etc.) could be managed without having to delete them first to remove the apple ID prompt...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't update iPads that are in Share Mode

I know I have seen this somewhere on here but I couldn't find it so I will start my own discussion. Has anybody else not been able to update their iOS on Shared iPads by sending a remote command? The command is successful because I see it show up on ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS10 and self service.

Howdy y'all. It seems that we are having some issues with the new iOS update. With an iPad that is updated to iOS 10 we can't seem to access our self service. Once self service is open we get an "No in-house apps available." Could anyone point me in ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels