Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Dockutil & Persisten-Others

Started testing Dockutil recently as I wouldn't mind getting some of our users Docks setup with some of our critical apps. It was working as I believe it should until I started getting apps placed into the "persistent-others" section of the dock, wit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a plist for the dock

I have created a plist to set the default dock but the items that I have added can not be removed. I can add and remove other items, but the initial items that I added seem persistent. What do i need to add to make it full customizable after initial ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Home Screen Layouts

Hi Everyone, Is there a graphical interface for creating app layouts for different profiles? Going through all the apps and having to search by name to organize is a pain. Attached is an example of something I am talking about.  View more

4dc344c77e07487fb546d42beb76878e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Drive File Stream dock item not working

I have a policy that installs Google Drive File Stream, and add the dock item to the dock (the .pkg also add the icon to the desktop). I noticed that the dock icon does not work but the desktop icon does work. When I drag the icon to the 'volumes' se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest account management of Dock?

So after talking to Jamf support, they suggested I make a discussion here about how you guys manage your dock on a guest account. We use guest accounts for a lot of our non-personal computers( Library, labs, etc) and have always had a history of stru...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Dock once for New Users

We are trying to set the dock for new users that get created and still give them the ability to customize afterwards. Normally, we would use the User Template for this, but then a few issues come up such as Apple adding in their extra apps for every ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

com.apple.dockfixup.plist and High Sierra

In my testing with a base OSX system (10.12.5 and 10.13) I have noticed that the regular I had of configuring the Dock items is now broken in High Sierra. Using a mobileconfig file (https://github.com/opragel/profiles/blob/master/macOS%20-%20Dockfixu...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multitasking & Dock setting

Hi, I came across a new feature in iOS 11 yesterday enrolling a new Student iPad. It seems Apple added a new Settings option under the 'General' tab which is "Multitasking & Dock". in here you are able to allow / prevent the following: -Allow Multipl...  View more

e17f71102fec4554b740517deafc0291
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Alternative to 'killall Dock'

Hi all, I am looking for a way to visually refresh the Dock without resorting to this command: killall Dock Reason being, the black Desktop that appears before the Dock comes back is sometimes jarring for end users. Thanks!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Drama dockutil

We are imaging using dockutil to setup our User Templates with new Dock icons. We are installing an empty Dock.plist gathered with Composer as the results were extremely unreliable without an existing .plist in the User Template folder. We have our d...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help needed with: defaults write com.apple.dock

Hi, i just beginning with this so please forgive me my ignorance!Ok, i need some help with this: (in this) i want to add some like Documents to the dock. It's working as long as i use the following: _CFURLString /Users/Me/Documents _CFURLStringType ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execute (Dockutil) Script When User Logs In Post Imaging

Scraping from some scripts here on Jamf Nation I have a small script attached to a policy that executes at login and sets the dock using dockutil. I want it to execute at login so it adds the user's Documents folder to the dock: echo "Adding Document...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Default Docks in Lab Settings

Hello, I am trying to build a Custom Default Dock within El Capitan that would be presented to all networked Active Directory users when logging into a lab environment. I have read many posts on this and other forums regarding this and have gathered ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Icons from LaunchPad in Sierra

So in the past, I've used commands like this to remove an app from LaunchPad: sqlite3 ~/Library/Application Support/Dock/*.db "DELETE from apps WHERE title='APPNAME';" && killall Dock And that has worked. But a couple things have happened. That datab...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Dock Items

I would like to remove 4 built in apps on our student Mac docks: FaceTime, AppStore, Email & Messages. When I go to Policies>Dock Items>Configure the only option available is to add dock items that I believe were already added using Casper Administra...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware Horizon .inetloc Dock Item Not Working

I have created a .inetloc shortcut to launch a specific pool within our VDI environment that I pushed to /Users/Shared and then have created a Configuration Profile to add this file to the Dock of a set of lab computers. The dock item is created with...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FUT/FEU Dock Question

Now that I have been running JAMF in production for a few months, Im planning a "Phase II" that includes getting rid of a legacy monolithic User Template folder that I have been using since my pre-JAMF days. Its a crusty boat anchor that I want to ki...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil policy error, not sure why ???

I copied (select line 1 to last line 678 and copy) the dockutil.py from here https://github.com/kcrawford/dockutil/blob/master/scripts/dockutil put it in textwrangler, called int dockutil.py and placed it in /usr/local/bin (El Capitan), dragged it in...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename Dock Item in Casper Admin ??

is it possible to change the name (in Casper Admin) associated with a Dock Item ? if so how ? for example; application is named Pumpkin.app but I want the dock item to be named 'Pump' NOT Pumpkin  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels