Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable File vault in Macbooks

Hello All, Need help in enabling file vault and to save the recovery key in Jamf pro. We do not have AD. I tried to follow a policy, the one in the Administrators guide but it seems to do nothing. If anyone can hekp with a policy or configuration pro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Institutional Only Filevault Keys

Currently we use the dual institutional + individual combination, but since all users are local users, the issue persists that sometimes changing the password does not change their filevault password. We are trying to figure out if using an instituti...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Institutional Key - FileVault2

Good morning, I am looking for some documentation, or know how on using an Institutional Key to decrypt a MacOS Catalina Drive. I have followed the instructions left on this post: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/27222/filevault-2-institu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault - Institutional Key Decryption

Good morning, I am working on documenting & setting up FileVault in our organization using a Configuration Profile (versus the Disk Encryption Policy). It looks like everything has deployed correctly, and the Individual Keys are working correctly. Ho...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault with Big Sur & Jamf 10.25.1 (maybe 10.26)

I am looking for proper workflows to enable FileVault with Big Sur. Are there any new changes in 10.26 regarding FileVault configuration (current process seems very archaic) I currently use the FileVault process form the Jamf Admin's Guide and that w...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 6 kudos

Fresh Start With Encryption

Hello Jamf Nation, we are currently looking into move to the cloud rather sooner than later. Have any of you recently made the transfer, if so how was it? One of my questions regarding the move to the cloud, is that we are still binding our Macs, wha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV Locking users out

We've been experiencing an increasing number of users reporting that when they power on/reboot their machines, FV does not take their passwords and eventually locks them out, requiring them to reset their PW with the recovery key... or in nearly ever...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bound Mac Filevault Best practices

I am somewhat of a filevault virgin, but am getting more and more pressure to enable on my Macs. I have done some testing on my development network, but am finding it a bit tricky with AD bound systems and using AD roaming profile logins.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating the Preboot Volume After Reissuing FV Key?

We will be using a script to prompt the users to enter their creds in order to reissue the FileVault key. I read in a post that if the system is apfs then you should also run diskutil apfs updatePreboot / and was wondering if that is actually necessa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert FileVault Institutional Key to Individual Key

Anyone out there try converting an institutional key to an individual key with a policy? Our old Mac management tool had to use an institutional key for encrypting FileVault. I'd like to convert all of our existing devices to an individual key. Any i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee ePO Removal

We're on the road to migrating our managed encryption agent from McAfee ePO (ePolicy Orchestrator) to a Jamf-managed FileVault policy. Oh, thank Zeus! Before we do, the McAfee agent won't go without a fight. There's a command that McAfee gives us tha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intitutional Recovery Key

So now that booting into Recovery Mode no longer takes you to the utilities screen without the Personal Recovery Key, is Institutional Recovery now effectively dead? We had a very limited use case for it before so no big loss, but if it's no longer f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSAScript Errors

Hi All, hoping for some help here. Looking to frankenstein together a script to add our admin account to FV2 as an enabled user. I've got a script that is currently working under the following conditions: Running locally in terminalRunning manually f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do we get Jamf working?

Hi,I am hoping that someone here can assist and/or advise. Some months back we had a demo of JamfPro.It seemed like it would do everything we wanted in the demo environment, so progressed ahead to purchase. We get the live environment, do the JumpSta...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Groups & Users

Hello, everyone, I hope someone can help me with this issue I'm having some issue on Catalina that the Padlock is not locking after I start the FileVault and or create a new admin account if I click on it to lock it nothing happens  View more

cae9faf564d94bd59859b9dff7e476a1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Local "Build Account" Password

Scenario:We are not using DEP/ABM at this time.Macs are brought in, ran through setup assistant manually where a single local admin account is created; our "build account".Techs login as this user, install AD certs and enroll via QuickAdd.They then r...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 10.11〜10.12にFileVaultを適用、個人リカバリー キーをジャムフ・プロに委託する方法

注意:・テスト環境で動作確認をして下さい。・10.13、10.14には対応しておりません。・環境に合わせて内容を変更して下さい。・ぜひ意見交換をして下さい。 ステップ1)ジャムフ・プロ → 設定 → コンピュータ管理 → ディスク暗号化の構成。・表示名:(例)macOS 10.11 ~ 10.12・リカバリキーのタイプ:Indivisual・FileVault 2のユーザを有効にする:Management Account注)Current or Next Userでも構いませんがManageme...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2の個別リカバリーキーの委託確認、問題がある場合の解決方法

注意:・テスト環境で動作確認をして下さい。・旧式のmacOSでは正しく機能しない場合が有ります。・環境に合わせて内容を変更して下さい。・ぜひ意見交換をして下さい。 概要:ステップ1:構成プロファイルを使用してFileVaultキーがジャムフ・プロに預託(エスクロー)する。ステップ2:スマートグループを使用してリカバリーキーがない、リカバリーキーが壊れているコンピュータを割り出す。ステップ3:FV2リカバリキーの再配布を実施するスクリプトを設定するステップ4:ステップ2で割り出されたコンピュータに...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Best practices for end user security profiles

I am wanting to improve our end user security within our school district on our macOS devices. Since I have taken over the Jamf/macOS/iOS process I have noticed that we don't have any real security profiles set up. What are some of your preferred pro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Enable issue Catalina 10.15.5

Greetings, I have been having issues enabling filevault on my jamf devices. I have a configuration profile configured as the following (pictures Jamf 1 and Jamf 2 attached) I also have a policy that enforces the filevault enablement "at next login" a...  View more

a8fdcb9db7374547abd453ab6fbd406d 454b0fe6b7804124a380184e610f151f 3ceb01d93cc04e479e7460dfe5cbae82 7a6b0cca43eb416b96d1304e7d6c2cac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure Tokens - Local Account PW Change

We have a local account on all of our Mac systems. It's a full Admin, FV2 enabled account that is used primarily by support. At this point the PW for this account is widely known and we would like to change that PW and put it on a 90 day rotation sch...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling user for FileVault2 remotely

Hello, I am trying to implement LAPS for Mac into my organization. We got to the point where we can successfully create the LAPS user, let's call it 'admin', it will randomize the password once a week, and report that to Jamf as an extension attribut...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Create script in automator to change recovery key

Hey , I've been using JAMF NOW for a several months now at my company for Macbooks. I'm trying to write a script to change the recovery and get the recovery key in Jamf. I'm trying to write the script like a way that the user only has to login in wit...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels