Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 macOS Catalina Loop

Thanks for the help.I'm facing my last problem with File Vault 2, the Macbooks ask for the password after each power off because File Vault 2 need to be activated.I would like jamf to take over the management of the recovery keys."FileVault Recovery ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

List FileVault 2 Enabled users

Hello... I thought this would be easy but I'm struggling. I need to create a report that contains all "FileVault 2 Enabled Users" per machine that is rolled into Jamf. I can click on an individual machine and check it manually per machine at the disc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault turning OFF automatically

Hi , I have observed in few machines, FV is getting turn off automatically without any user interaction or admin credentials. Wondering if this happening because of macOS or JAMF policies. Current macOS version 10.15.2.JAMF Version : 10.17.1-t1574185...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FIleVault issue

Hi , I am trying to encrypt the HDD through Jamf in policy and configuration profile but I am getting this error for the machines any suggestion please post  View more

0ad499bfa2324a55a6864676d5e4f81d
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault on Catalina

Anyone else having issue pushing or deploying a FileVault configuration profile to Catalina devices?Issue we're seen on our end on an MacBook Pro 16" with Catalina 10.15.3-when pushing the profile, it ask for the administrator password, after enterin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootstrap Token

I just upgraded to 10.18 on-prem. I can't find much info on Bootstrap Tokens in the documentation. Anyone here know how to turn it on/use it? I tried running profiles install -type bootstraptoken on my own test machine but I get an error saying profi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf taking over HD Encryption

Hi, We are currently using Dell Data Protection (DDP) on our Macs to encrypt the drive and store the FileVault keys. We are looking to have Jamf take over encryption and storing the FileVault keys. For new Macs everything is working flawlessly, FileV...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Give secure token to logged in user

Hey everyone!I want to roll out FileVault to all my users, however since they are AD users most of them do not have a secure token. One saving grace is all of our computers do have an account that does have a secure token called ITsystem. Is there a ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reissue FileVault key when viewed.

Hello everyone. I saw a few discussions about this one but nothing really stood out to help me.I want to give out FileVault key to the user that forgets his password. But I want to reissue that as it has been seen/captured.I'm working on Jamf Cloud, ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault password not syncing with normal password

We have multiple computers (all MacOS) on jamf pro that keep losing the filevault password. Sometimes randomly (at least it seems random) the computer won't be able to be unlocked by the filevault password and we'll have to go into the admin account ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault - Some Users are not able to unlock the disk

Hi We are transitioning to enabling FileVault by Configuration Profile once Mac is enrolled via DEP. All is well, except we cannot add other authorized users to fileVault using the FileVault System Preferences --> Enable Users button. I just click th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Accounts Not Logging In

I know this has been an issue for quite some time with AD accounts that authenticate with Centrify on a Mac with FileVault enabled not being able to log in under High Sierra. This is really starting to affect my job and was wondering if there was a f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS disc encryption status

What do the different filevault 2 statuses mean?Should I be concerned only about number 3 or also about other statuses? All Partitions Encrypted Boot Partitions Encrypted No Partitions Encrypted Some Partitions Encrypted (This appeared after mojave o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restart Reminder

Hello All, Very new and still learning to scripting but I came across this restart reminder script and having issue with the script not restarting the Mac. I want to add a hard shutdown comment due to FileVault and T2 chip but can't find a spot to ad...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing/Upgrading SecureDoc

While I have built packages thru Composer before, the method that SecureDoc (by WinMagic) installs it's product is somewhat different and I am unsure how to implement it thru JAMF. For SecureDoc Mac client updates, when the SecureDoc server is upgrad...  View more

48488b0cc7ac4728b6a3e90e77a74f09
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina - FileVault Enablement

I'm currently testing out Catalina on a VM. I have the Security & Privacy MDM profile deployed to it with the setting enabled to require FileVault. When I reboot the VM, I am prompted for my password. It says that it will enable FileVault, but it nev...  View more

• 70 replies
  • 9 kudos

Secure Token Pop Up on non FV2 Mac

Hi, I have a Mac that is giving the Secure Token pop up on login for new users but... FileVault is not enabled, it has never been in scope for my Encrypt policy (or config profiles that might enable FV2). Both, logs on both the Mac and JAMF Pro show ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 Recovery Usage Reporting

Has anyone come up with any way to get reporting on if a recovery key has been used to unlock a computer? So far all I've found is that I can go to the computer in JAMF and see who accessed the key, but that's about it.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Admin Account + FileVault 2 Predicament

Hi all, It seems that a number of threads regarding this have already been posted, but they are from a few years ago. Any advice and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have a LAPS solution implemented on all of our laptops (https://githu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels