Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

User-Initiated Enrollment Default Site

Is it possible to set the default site with User-Initiated Enrollment? I'd rather it not be 'None' as i seem to get enrollments coming in with 'None' as their site. I've only have two sites and one is my lab deployments, so they would never use UIE a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Handful of of Computer's Names changing after logout?

Hi, We have a policy using the option "Change the computer name on computers to match the computer name in the JSS" and we have it check in a login and logout. Everything is working fine, except for a few computers I will watch via ARD and they will ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with enrolling with the JSS-DMZ.

Hello Everyone! i am currently working on a project to place a JSS out on the DMZ. The current setup are as follows: JSS-DMZ is running on Windows 2012 R2JSS-DMZ is fully configured with Clustering and Limited Access to external connectionsJSS-DMZ DN...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP Address and Network Segment Priority

I'm curious as how a machine falls into a particular network segment. I'm working with a client whose LAN IP range could potentially conflict with consumer IP ranges, which would result in some policy failures. To get around that, instead of using th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing the new (June 2016+) Samanage agent

Samanage shipped a new installer for their agent, and the structure is completely different than the PKG-based install they previously had. Here's how I deployed it. Download the new DMG from your Setup area in Samanage Extract to /tmp/samanage Creat...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

What goes with what?

Hi all, Is it possible to get a list/table/something that shows the relations of JSS objects? For example:An EA is being used in what and/or which Smart/Static Group(s), Advanced Searches, etc.A Smart Group is being used in what Policy. I think somet...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Sierra betas and retail

Does anybody have the process name for the Sierra installer, so I can add it to restricted software? I need to make sure the Sierra is not installed on any of the Macs in my environment. The Sierra installer should have a unique name, right?  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

All Computers (177) while Smart Groups shows 174

I have a Smart Group with the criteria of COMPUTER NAMES LIKE XXX- and the results are 174 computers. All my computers begin with XXX- I also tested NOT LIKE XXX- and had 0 results I can not figure out why ALL COMPUTERS is saying 177 imacs = 79Mac mi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver whilst enrolment policies are running

Our current thin imaging workflow involves our technicians logging into a new Mac, setting up a local Administrator account and then running the Quickadd.pkg from a USB stick. We then have a number of policies set to run at enrolment time. Is there a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted software not working?

My organization restricts certain software in Casper (torrenting programs for example) however when I added entries for new software to restrict, I am still able to open the programs on my test machine. I'm not sure why the older software restriction...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing DEP and VPP in non-production environments

Hello. Our team currently has three JSS environments, production, staging, and development. Development work is done in dev, and testing is done in staging (which has a regularly cloned copy of the JSS database) before it gets moved to prod. We are c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-stage enrollments and Apple IDs

I'm setting up a new batch of iPads for incoming 1st graders. I am enrolling them using a "first grade" pre-stage enrollment profile like I did last year (only my 2nd year with Casper Suite). However, what I want to do is not have to use an Apple ID ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delpoying CS5 via policy and imaging

Hello everyone, This is my first post in the jamf nation so bear with me. I've created a package of CS5 with my serial key using AAMEE 2.1 and have no issues installing this standalone. Whenever I upload it to the JSS using Casper admin (9.92) it aut...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Explain how prestage enrollment scope works

Pretty new to Jamf and DEP, yesterday I had my distributor added devices to my DEP and they showed up in the scope in prestage enrollment. Today they registered another order in DEP and today they are the only ones showing in the scope, the ones disp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activating Sibelius 8

Hi, Im looking for a terminal command that I can use to activate a stand alone version of Sibelius 8. I want to include it as a post install script, otherwise the user, who doesn't have admin permissions or the key, would need to enter it (or I would...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Proxy Server Not Finding Users

I have setup an AWS instance holding the NetBoot/SUS/LDAP Proxy appliance inside of a VPC that has a VPN tunnel to our network (long story short: we have an ldap proxy server running and have tested connections back and forth). We've tested to and fr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Help] Auto Mount Network Drives At Login

Hello, I have been trying for some time to configure a script that will mount network drives for a user when they log into their Mac. I have been all over JamfNation and have read many of other users posts to try to get this to work in my environment...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dashboard Status "Completed/Remaining/Failed"

Hello JAMF Nation, can anyone confirm if this is a bug. MDM logs do say "Cancelled" instead of "Failed", but Dashboard doesn't reflect. Seems to be the same on JSS 9.92 (Temp JSS) as it is on JSS 9.82 (Production JSS). Please see screenshot... also f...  View more

3fa8dcfde18a471d9ffb65ddfb61e54a
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating from 2 Domains to 1 Need script help

Hi all,So we are currently moving from 2 domains to one, where each had different username. What I'm looking to do is script the move so it renames the existing user folder to what the new login will be. So Essentially, Unbind from old domain, delete...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP distribution after Packages migration

Heya, Super quick question that I'm sure one of you instantly knows the answer to... Migrated our Casper Share last week to another disk and re-created the share so that the JSS/Admin/Remote etc can see it, but HTTP distribution via policy is still a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Codes in JAMF after moving from Meraki?

Just started to use Casper instead of Meraki. Previously I have used my VPP account in Meraki, but now I have reclaimed all the licenses in Meraki and retired the users. Now I want to start using Casper instead. I have added the account, and in one p...  View more

ce98768606bb4ae89453c8eea2c6b348 242c06711fa64645b6ddedf8a0cf944a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing profiles

Hi All, I have a group of about 200 machines that have an old profile installed that is causing some undesired behavior. What is best practice to removing the profile from those machines?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using OneLogin vLDAP as a directory for the JSS?

Like the title says. OneLogin offers a vLDAP feature which will turn your OneLogin user directory into a cloud-based LDAP directory. It works 75% of the time but I've noticed that it will run into an error such as losing connection/not being able to ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configuration Profiles via VPN connection

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present you one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen: we had a problem with configuration files being pushed while the client is connected via VPN. My network colleague added a static route to apple so it should work now...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels