Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apps not going into folders

Using a home-screen configuration profile, I have multiple apps foldered in different categories. For some reason, two apps will not fall into the correct folders even though they are scoped in the correct groups. Any thoughts on how to force the app...  View more

332b6f4ce54c4ab492cc6fe75f7bbd3e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec SEP 12.1 removal script and process HOW TO

Due to the update to MacOS Sierra i had to test all mandatory software and Symantec ENDPOINT protection 12.1.6.MP2 need to be updated to 12.1.6MP6.after a standard Casper deployment with a Symantec remote install PKG.i run into a problem explained he...  View more

c0528f7a9efc4ad3898c492d993c0382
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add JAMF as issuing CA from our internal MS ADCS CA

I see some feature Reqs and items on this but nothing specific. We would like Jamf to request a subordinate CA certificate from our MS CA internally so it would issue device certs from itself but integrated in our Tier 3 PKI. Is this possible? Seem l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging software for self-service

I am wondering how others prep software for installation via self-service. My workflow is to use the packages.app and then dump the .dmg of what I want people to install onto it and then build a .pkg that I upload to casper admin. It works for a lot ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't compile Sierra configuration in Casper Admin 9.96

I have been trying to build a new Casper Imaging configuration for the just-released version of Sierra with Casper Admin 9.96, but keep getting errors on the compile. It appears that the blank disk image that it creates is either not a valid target o...  View more

d5b15ec877534654b780d521579d7a74
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows VM Application Inventory

I was able to create an extension attribute for getting the OS details on VM clients (thanks to the help of a JAMF user). I'm trying to create another extension attribute to see the application inventory installed on Windows VM machines. I found an E...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Configuration Worksheet

Hi all,I wonder if there exist any iOS configuration worksheet which can be used to gather the information about what/how the iOS devices should be configured. Something like a spreadsheet which contains all possible configurations/values for iOS dev...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best SAP GUI tool for Mac

Hi :) My AVP discussed this yesterday, he wants to give Macs to some VIPs who use SAP as their main job tool. There are couple of apps that can be used to run SAP but I wanted to know if anyone has SAP for Mac users?Any challenge or suggestions will ...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

What Static User Group is This iPad In?!?

Hello all, From time to time, I get iPads back that have apps assigned to them through Mobile Devices. The iPads were assigned to a static user group so I can't go into each app and figure out which static user group they are in. I COULD go into each...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution de PDF dans iBooks

BonjourNous souhaiterions distribuer des documentations importantes (200 pages mini) au format PDF dans iBooks mais se pose la question de l'hébergement des fichiers. Nous avons fait un test totalement réussi en stockant ces fichiers sur notre espace...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin Index

Hi Guys, I have a weird issue with Casper Remote and Casper Admin, When I try deploy some packages although they are in the Casper Packages folder it is saying that the package is not there. Is there a way that I can get Casper Admin to "re-index" th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Restrictions

Is there a general KB that gives a brief description of each of the restrictions that we can enable or disable for configuration profiles? Most i know are self explanatory but some id like to know what all it restricts or allows before just clicking ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups

We just got JAMF system setup about a month ago and are still in the process of enrolling devices and setting policies and groups. We have 3000 iPads that are setup with DEP.We are a school district with 65 locations.Most locations have at least one ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't install JSS

I get this error when trying to install JSS. I have mysql running and java components have been installed according to the guide. See attached screen shot  View more

e0b83d717ccf43d280bd381c54050542
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any Lightspeed Filter customers out there?

We're new to Casper and things are going mostly well with the exception of the global proxy settings and/or our SSL Exclusions on the Rocket itself. While I wait for Lighspeed to call in on the newly created case I wondered if anyone else had had thi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduling task after office hours

Hello People,Where can i find documentation about scheduling jobs after office hours.so that the computers start at let say 22:00, get their updates and go down again.Not from sleep mode, but from shutdown state. So just looking for a strategy to pul...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Open and Frozen for all New Users

So something in my configuration is causing each new user, as they log in, to see Safari open in the dock (no window, just the dot below the icon), and frozen. Everything else looks and acts normal, and if they force quit Safari and then reopen it, i...  View more

315f11c1ccd446cd9d18e788341c6e2b
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FUT & FEU...is it really needed ?

Hi Guys, I'm newish to Casper. I took the CCT course and narrowly failed the exam. I've been using Casper more at work & done some studying and will soon sit the retake. One thing I remember from the CCT course is when we were looking at Casper Admin...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Asset Tag mass import

Hi All. We are just starting out with Casper and we have over 1000 iPads. All the iPads have an Asset Tag engraved into the back of them. We have a document that has the Asset Tag and Serial Number of the device linked together. Is there a way of imp...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Other" account not showing up at login screen

I'm using Casper Admin to deploy a base OS X dmg along with our Active Directory setup. After the process finishes, the “Other” login option doesn’t show up on the login screen (only our admin account is present). The only way I can get "Other" to sh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP ColorSync Profile missing using Printer deployment

Hello All, I have an odd issue with deploying printers and colors not matching on the print. When i deploy an HP Printer via self service (HP Color Laserjet 2025dn), the ColorSync Profile appears to be missing which is causing the colors to be off. W...  View more

e5e9f5c9f8d04343973bab1f0b30c2a9
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels