Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Error 502

Looking to the community to see if anyone can assist me. Created a new policy running a bash script. After it runs in JAMF there is often a failure. Log readout: Retrieving inventory preferences from https://*****.jamfcloud.com/... Finding extension ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slice Catalina (or big apps) installers

Hi, Due to the COVID-19 crisis I'm facing difficulty with users which have a very poor bandwidth. Since we cant resume download I was wondering if some of you tried to slice the installer and then push it part by part using policies Lets say cut Cata...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Employee Survey using script

Hi I have a great query from my HR team that can we create a survey with few question like " How are you feeling today ? " and get user response through email or as a file HR team.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Background

Hello, I've seen that it's possible to impose a background in the JAMF configuration profiles, but is it possible to choose the arguments "occupy the whole screen" "stretch ..." ? Indeed the wallpaper size is not adapted to all MacBook models, we wou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

non .app in inventory

Any method to get a non-.app to show up in application inventory? I added the location to the inventory application scan but it only seems to look for .app files. in this case, CrowdStrike, were wonting if it can be show as an application in Jamf inv...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure AD SSO

Hi, We have recently deployed Azure AD SSO (and Azure AD DS) to login to our Jamf Cloud instance. It works great apart from SSO, every 24 hours we have to reset our web browser data to login to Jamf Admin. Any ideas on how to make this more reliable?...  View more

052ebeeafc56487992bc4859fef19b1c
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot upload Code42 Installer PKG

Hi Everyone, I downloaded the latest Code42 Installer from my admin portal and keep getting an upload failed when trying to upload. I tried uploading an older version and was able to upload it but once the upload was complete, it says "Availability P...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to sync Azure LDAP Groups/ Users

Hey, I hope you are doing well at this time. I'm configuring/ testing Azure LDAP services to Jamf Pro. It works but I have a few questions to receive some background information and to finalize the configuration. 1) I created a new Security Group on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

After removal JAMF user Other.. remains

Hi, After removing company JAMF from my private computer I've noticed that there is user Other... which is not listed in Users & Groups in System Preferences. This user appeared after JAMF enrolment - no other actions have been taken afterwards - jus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD password requirements prompt

So, I am pretty sure the answer is no, but is there any means to prompt a user with the list of password requirements when they are changing an AD account password? I see it works for local accounted based on our password profile deployed to the mach...  View more

32dab1d34c104b989f6e6d3c418a1092
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Admin 10.19.0 Printer Add Issue

Trying to add printers through Jamf Admin, but get the error "There are not any printers mapped on this computer." When obviously there are printers configured. 10.19 issue or am I missing something?  View more

c27eef2cb00949288855fecaa39914e1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Presort Computer Search Report

Is there anyway to choose what field to pre-sort or default use to sort results by? I get a weekly report, which is great, but I can't just open it and see the important results, which are only relevant if the results are sorted by a particular colum...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Give Mobile Account User Admin Access!

Currently in our organisation, all Macs are bound to AD so users have mobile account. I would like to know if there is a way to create mobile admin account without us always having to put the localadmin user password in. It makes the process very lon...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP synchronization failed in JAMF

Hello, I've seen some of you already faced that issue in the past, although the solutions that were provided didn't help in our case. Here is what we tried:- generating new public key- trying to upload new server token file (due to sync fail it can't...  View more

5362bd06b1e74ae8924e3d2a0ddc91e2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not mount distribution point

Having trouble with some local SMB mounts I can manually mount them with the read only and read write user just fine but when I hit the replication button in Jamf Admin I get a failure that just states the distribution point could not be mounted. any...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC Install Policy with Catalina

I looked through the existing discussions about this topic but there weren't any that fit the issue I am having. Our process for deploying Adobe CC is creating a package using Adobe Admin Console, downloading that package and running the downloader f...  View more

44819d863473489cb0e7d713117ea161
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backblaze Private Key Setup

Hi! We're deploying Backblaze to our users so they can be backed up. They gave me a line to go in a script to set the private key for the users automatically. What's the best way to get this working? The part they gave me was, "/Library/Backblaze.bzp...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels