Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Issues with MountNetworkShare.sh

Hello,I'm trying to use the mountnetworkshare.sh script to map several network locations for my userbase. When I place the correct variables, the script seems to parse them correctly, but then I get a large amount of 'No such file or directory' error...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Re-Issue Does not Escrow (DEP Machines)

Occasionally receiving this message. The drive is fully encrypted and running either 10.12.6 or at least 10.13.4. Using this Script by homebysix "[WARNING] FileVault key was generated, but escrow cannot be confirmed. Please verify that the redirectio...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.3.6 and Jamf's FV2 Authenticated Reboot

I have a policy that fires off an FV2 authenticated reboot using the built-in mechanism "Perform authenticated restart on computers with FileVault 2 enabled " under Restart Options. It worked yesterday, but my machine upgraded to 10.13.6 today, and n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave upgrade disabling Jamf binary?

Hi All, I've got here a case where the user prematurely upgraded to Mojave in violation to our policy. In addition, I do now see no more management options for the client device but statistics exist and are coming in. Is there any way I could remotel...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service Enrollment Doesn't Complete Until Reboot

We've been setting up a bunch of new iMacs for our classrooms and wiping and upgrading some old ones, and have run into a consistent issue with enrollment into the JSS. With MacOS 10.13.6 and Jamf Pro 10.4, we go to the /enroll page and sign in with ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5 binary and poor battery life

Hi there, I've noticed a significantly shorter battery life on my MBP 13" after enrolling it in a 10.5 Jamf Pro lab/testing/hobby server for inventory and some light testing. My initial thought was that the battery is starting to wear out after three...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.5 & Jamf: command not found

Just upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.5. When I run a quickadd.pkg or enroll via Jamf Recon, everything works perfectly except running jamf commands from the terminal. I run any of the following commands the terminal returns with "sudo: jamf: comand not found...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service removal of a Configuration Profile

For reasons unknown to me our wireless profile at times just quits working. It helps to add the user to an exclusion, distribute, and then remove them from the exclusion. I would like to automate this instead. Here is my idea. Extension Attribute loo...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

User initiated enrollment behind corporate proxy

Hello everyone, I am new to jamf, and I am seeing an issue during the user enrollment process for macOS. I am using the hosted version of jamf. When I am outside of my corporate network, enrollment works fine, and the jamf binary gets installed.When ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Macs missing "at enrollment" triggers

We are seeing Macs enrolled in DEP not running the expected Splash Buddy and software install policies. My suspicion is the Smart Group the policies apply to is not updating before the enrollment completes and so the policies are not running. Wiping ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.4 and Quick Add package Bug

I was having problems with the new Quick Add package that I created after we updated to Jamf Pro 10.4. It seems that there is a bug in the Scripts>postinstall script. I had to open the newly created Quickadd package in Composer Scripts>postinstall sc...  View more

28fff39c174f4a71a10aafa21ebd0569
  • 42 replies
  • 15 kudos

Find someone using a twitter account

I am trying to find a way to search for a student who maybe posting some harassing content on twitter to our faculty. I figure if they are using our district owned devices then I should be able to run a script to search for them. Anyone done somethin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slack - Version Installed Extension Attribute

I found a great script to update Slack here on Jamf Nation but I couldn't find an extension attribute to find the current installed version so I wrote my own (borrowed from a Google Chrome version EA). My intent is to create a smart group with less t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfhelper output error

I implemented better-jamf-policy-deferral by haircut because our customers needed a way to defer. The good news is that it works on most computers, the bad news is that Jamfhelper is spewing a bunch of errors about the keyboard layout, which subseque...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

"Institution id not found (1)"

Hello Everyone, My company just got a bunch of new 2017 MacBook Pros in and after enrolling the machines to the JSS this error keeps popping up. Anyone know what that is? It's definitely JAMF related because when I remove the JAMF framework it stops ...  View more

4a834083213b40cfbf94c18cc8b17d03
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Prestage updating Computer Names

So I have a prestage enrollment set for computers that are already enrolled in Jamf to get a clean install and re-enroll. I would like them to pick up the name they previously had in Jamf. However no matter what I do they seem to revert to the name g...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove all profiles using script with wildcard

Hello all, I'm cutting over from a previous MDM to Jamf. My previous MDM is not working so well right now, and so trying to unenroll/remove config profiles that are on all of my client Macs is proving very difficult. My idea was to create a policy th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove users from local admin

Hello there. I just started using Jamf and I love it. Historically we have made all users a local admin on their machine. Now that we have Jamf in place, we want to remove those rights. But there are some dev users who will still need local admins so...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirDefense is old (Switch off WiFi when lan Connected_

Hi, We have what I believe is an old package called AirDefense pushed that automatically turns WiFi/Airport power on and off based on weather a hardware ethernet connection is present. It's been causing some issues though recently where if a user has...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels