Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Blocking web access when using IP address

We are attempting to implement the Australian Government’s ISM controls and we are required to satisfy these:1171 Attempts to access websites through their IP addresses instead of their domain names are blocked by web content filters.649 Files import...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convince to keep Jamf and how Jamf Connect works

We have used Jamf now for about 6 years and think it has been stable and good (earlier on-prem, now Jamf Cloud). We currently have around 1,000 Mac computers and 3,000 mobile devices. We are in the middle of changing platforms, we are leaving Novell ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.48 release

Hello Jamf Nation! You will find details about Jamf Pro 10.48, including the Cloud Upgrade Schedule and Release Notes Video, as well as all future versions in the new Jamf Release Info space.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Not-for-Resale (NFR) Instance Outage - July 8, 2023

The Jamf cloud team is working on an effort to improve the infrastructure of the Jamf Pro cloud environment. This is part of a continued effort to always provide you with the latest features that are available from our Amazon Web Service (AWS) enviro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.47 Now Available

Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.47. Highlights of this release include: Enrollment SSO with Okta VerifyEnvironments using Okta as an identity provider can now configure an Enrollment single sign-on (SSO) workflow to augment the Account-Driven User...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.46.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.46.1 fixes the following product issues: [PI111508] Resolved a broken access control issue within an authentication implementation (CVE-2023-31224). [PI111680] Jamf Pro users who u...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.46 Now Available

Update 10 May 2023: Cloud upgrades are scheduled for the weekend of 19–20 May (details below). We appreciate your patience. Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.46. Highlights of this release include: Declarative Status Reporting for Additional Invento...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.45 Now Available

Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.45. Highlights of this release include: Google BeyondCorp Enterprise Integration The Google BeyondCorp Enterprise integration now includes the following enhancements: macOS, iOS, and iPadOS platforms are available f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Sandbox Instance Outage - December 10, 2022

The Jamf cloud team is working on an effort to improve the infrastructure of the Jamf Pro cloud environment. This is part of a continued effort to always provide you with the latest features that are available from our Amazon Web Service (AWS) enviro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Drive mapping help

Super new to Mac management and JAMF. We are trying to get the systems to map a couple network drivesDrive 1 is a company sharedrive 2 is a dept sharethey map fine but it seems to map them 2 times. it also requires that they click connect for each on...  View more

09e0300665bc4eef9deff4d5835ad535
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving from Cloud back to On-Premises

Hello, anyone using JSS Cloud and moved back to On-Premises. We aren't happy about the failover url being easily identifiable as well as we don't have any remediation against a zero day attack against JAMF clouds instances. I've begged and asked to l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud restrictions not enforced in Big Sur

I'm experiencing an issue with iCloud restrictions not being enforced, curious if anyone else has encountered this issue? The goal is to disable: iCloud Drive, Desktop & Documents sync, Keychain, Photos, Bookmarks, and Find My. The issue appears when...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ability to lock down AirPlay by MAC address?

First off, I'm a Windows Sys Admin, and we're rolling out Macs and using jamf. Love the software, and love the OS, and realize you can't compare and lock things down the same, but still trying to secure our environment with how I and upper management...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

upload a script to JAMF cloud instance????

I can upload pkgs to my JAMF cloud instance but is there a way to upload scripts? packages you can choose the pkg from your computer or whereever you have it and it uploads. I don't see anything like this for scripts. I basically have to copy the who...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to download Creative Cloud Installer

Hi everyone,I'm looking for a script to automatically fetch the Creative Cloud installer from the Adobe website and then let user install it. (For particular reasons i'm not able to access the Adobe admin console).Could you please help me?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Jamf Cloud with Packet Filtering

Hi, My current system uses packet filtering to block out all traffic. I want to continue to use packet filtering to only allow traffic for Jamf Pro, Jamf Cloud, and JCDS to manage my computers. Is there a list of IPs or any documentation on how to co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Teem EventBoard and LobbyConnect deployment plist

When deploying EventBoard and LobbyConnect, the app starts with a code to use to activate the iPad with the Teem Servers connecting it to your system and letting you use it. One huge challenge here is once deployed, the iPads might not be in the same...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create smart group based on distribution list name

Is it possible using OKTA LDAP (no AD bind) to create a smart group based on DL membership? Say I have a DL call IT-Team in AD and I want to target that group specifically for application deployment or something, is that possible? Old way, which was ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro (Cloud) and Tableau Integration

Hi all, been looking around the past few weeks on some information on getting Tableau and JAMF to play nice so I can make use of Tableau's nice visual reporting for our environment. Haven't really found anything substantial. I did find a JAMF Marketp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM not fully enrolling

I am trying to set up a VM to test JAMF Connect using Parallels 16 and Catalina. I have set up the VM to use the boot flags, devices.smbios.serial="C01VG0EFHGFVB"devices.mac_hw_model="MacBookPro15,1" The VM will enroll via the /enroll URL and show up...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud DEPNotify running issue

Last month or two something weird has happened with our new macs we got in. They are enrolling correctly to Apple/cloud on login, proxy initial installs all work including installing DEPNotify. The issue comes with Running DEPNotify Script. I've trie...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels