Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying TeamviewerQS

I've read differing reports here, has anyone been successful post Catalina in deploying TeamviewerQS to their clients? The below post seems to indicate all the privacy preferences cannot be deployed to fix the permissions via MDM as of that writing. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf NZ Timezone

I have 40 devices for a new school here in New Zealand but in setting up the Jamf account and loading the devices onto the Jamf account, they're going into LA's timezone. is there any way to change this from Jamf, to does it need to be done from the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to change Software Update Server Base URL

Hello guys, I need to change Software Update Server Base URL in Netsus 5.0, but in the gui when i change it it is red and does not save. Is there a way to do this in CLI? I really need to change this as i used a tem ip to setup and now it will change...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deployments on JAMF File Distribution Point

I currently support Macs and Jamf Pro for a Cruise Line. Bandwidth is a premium for us so we look to reduce as best as possible. On each ship we have a MacMini running as a File Distribution Point, and each network segment points to the distribution ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Will enrollment retry if it fails using DEP?

We have just got to the stage where we are ready to use DEP based imaging with our new Macs. In a test situation we find that we can run through the initial steps and get to the desktop of a new user who has signed in using the MDM layer. But after t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS - does something replace it?

Hi, Just saw in the release notes for JAMF Pro 10.0.0 that the JDS is going away. What will replace it? Anything? This is what the notes say on page 16: Jamf Distribution Server (JDS)—The JDS will be discontinued at the end of 2017 due to the followi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Discontinuing JDS

Jamf will be discontinuing the Jamf Distribution Server (JDS). We know many of you use and rely on the JDS, but in its current state we cannot recommend it. Therefore, Jamf is planning to end of life JDS at the end of 2017 and access to the JDS insta...  View more

• 66 replies
  • 36 kudos

Enabling Self Service use over external network

How exactly do I go about this. We currently have a single distribution point setup, which functions over SMB. And users off the network cannot access any packages. If they try to download through SS the install will hang and fail, and then in the lo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS - Error in JamfDS inventory

One of the JDS instances suddenly stopped the replication, we get the error below when we try a sudo jamfds inventory. Has someone came across something like this? The JDS is running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server $ sudo jamfds inventoryTraceback (most rece...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Certificates disappearing after enrollment

We are seeing an increase in the number of machines that have System Certificates disappear after enrollment. Sometimes even on machines that have been active and enrolled for quite awhile. No discernible pattern. We are using our own JDS. Certificat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cross-platform instances of JDS?

We have a smaller office abroad that we would like to create a new JDS for (we currently have one, our root) Is there an issue with creating this new instance of JDS on OSX, when our JSS is windows server 2016 based?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How many iOS devices per Configuration Profile?

We are a medium sized school district who is about to see our managed iOS device count double from approximately 5000 to 10,000 devices. I am curious about how to best manage configuration profiles. Am I safe pushing a configuration profile to 10,000...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server 5.3 seems to have broken my JDS

Seems like Server.app 5.3 has broken my JDS.During the upgrade process, Server.app ran through "renewing certificates". As such, the web service is now trying to use the built-in cert vs the JSS cert.Looking at my apache_serviceproxy.conf file, jss_c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfds segfault after RHEL update

Hi All, I have a ticket in with Jamf about this, but thought I'd ask here. Anyone seeing jamfds segfaulting after and update of glibc? I'm trying to reinstall the jds, but it can't contact the primary since it seems to segfault during setup. =/ It lo...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing macs both internal and external

I'm wondering what other groups are doing in this situation to best manage your macs and reduce bandwidth usage on wan connections. For instance, we have most of our machines internal to our network... however some are work from home users, and some ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS on newer Ubuntu versions?

Currently on Ubuntu the JDS is only supported on version 12.04, which will be exiting support later this year (2017). Does anyone know if JAMF have any plans to update the JDS system to support newer Ubuntu versions, for example 16.04 LTS? Thanks,Dan...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Horror Stories

We are moving our distribution point from a Mac server with a Promise Array. Our JSS lives on a RHEL VM right now. Our agency wants us to go Linux VM route now that the Apple HDD is end of life. Anyone got a horror stories about JDS? It seems like th...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS, OS X Server 5.1.x, Certificates

I'm running JSS and JDS on top of a Mac Pro with OS X Server 5.1.7. I managed to installed and get everything working. I can upload files either from the JSS Web Console or Casper Admin. My problem is that every time I open Casper Admin, I enter my J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS File Access and Permissions

Hello, It has come to our attention that files stored on a JDS are world readable if someone knows the URL. This seems like a security risk since people can scan your JDSs and potentially "borrow" your software. The only way we have been able to figu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels