Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

10.13.4 NetBoot Image creates unbootable drive

I've done this procedure for years.macOS 10.13.4Jamf Imaging 10.2.2 (since we hit the alphanumeric password bug)AutoDMG 1.8AutoCasperNBI 1.41 The NetBoot Image created seems to boot and image fineexcept it reboots to a flashing folder with a question...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Library Permissions

I've created a Base Image doesn't include any additional software just a local admin user using Composer.Followed the steps from this article [https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22840/guide-to-creating-sierra-base-image-from-a-to-z](link UR...  View more

50403e7b3054449398ba259b6ee4e84c
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Imaging problems with 10.3.0 ?

Anyone else having issues with Jamf Imaging? We can login to Jamf Imaging just fine, load all configurations etc but as soon we press the button to Image an error will appear telling "Unable to create invitation. Check to make sure you have permissio...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 7 kudos

NetBoot image 10.3.2 & 10.13.3 build issues

Maybe I'm just missing something but I don't seem to be able to build a new "working" NetBoot 10.13.2 or 10.13.3. I used AutoDMG in latest flavour and build the a HFS - OS.DMG works like a charm as usual I then build a new NetBoot based on macOS 10.1...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Imaging Doesn't Enroll New MacBook Pros

Lately I've been encountering an issue when configuring new MacBook Pros. We're currently using a thin-imaging workflow that looks like this:1. NetBoot MacBook to Imaging Server2. Without erasing the drive, we install a small package (used to create ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-Stage Imaging showing computers as "Unmanaged"

Hi Guys, I have imaged my computer using Pre-Stage imaging, everything worked fine, but computer is showing up as “Unmanaged”. I have used Parent configuration with some packages, and I did not configure Management account because we are using manage...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Temporary Account Password??

Hope everyone is good. We recently updated to Casper 10.1.1 and I'm imaging a system and it locked the system at the JAMF Temporary Account. I tried just clicking to move ahead but it wants a password? I've never had that happen before. Does anyone k...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Restarted becaue of a problem.

With High Sierra any time I image a computer using an image configuration, I get an error message "Your computer has encountered an error and must restart" If the configuration includes the OS and joining to AD it works, but any other application add...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9 Suite pkg needs .txt file

I have a .pkg of Filemaker Pro 15 which installs fine when imaging but ends up with this dialog when you try to run it: The problem it appears is because the .pkg installer needs to be able to see the 'Assisted Install.txt' file that comes in the ori...  View more

6e1ae22ebbe944f9ab5f70ced190b189 e6134de577f1404ab82ae9c572eda760
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up newly imaged system

Let me start by saying I had no training, no Jump start and Jamf Admin documentation is very limited on details.I'm running Casper Suite 9.96 and I'm stuck with thick imaging since the 120 systems I have are of all ages but fully functional.I've got ...  View more

9db0d354fd004e52a6e827fb047e6e2d
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging sometimes skips over the OS block copy

Yes, we still use imaging for Macs in some scenarios. That's the way it is.When trying an image, sometimes the block copy works, and sometimes it does not (no apparent error - just skips right past it). Does anyone else experience this issue? Imaging...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Summer 2018 wiping student systems...

Hello Everyone, The question I have is, what are others planning on doing to wipe or clear off drives for the coming summer? What workflow are using? Will you be imaging with NetBoot, will you be doing something else to wipe the drive and load the OS...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

2017 Macbook Pros with 10.13 downgrading to 10.12

My company is starting to use the 2017 Macbook Pro's (USB-C) and our current imaging setup is no longer cutting it, but we are also not yet ready to move to 10.13. Currently we use Casper Imaging to lay down 10.12 along with a number of apps, but the...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging issues

Morning folks,I am having issues with imaging at the moment. All of the sudden I have the Adobe Temporary Installer account being used, logged in. It does not finish installing the rest of the software, nor does it bring up the nice black background ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Fonts at Imaging time

Im trying to do two things that I know I'll be told I shouldn't be doing. First, I'm trying to clean out /Library/Fonts/ of all contents. Second, I'm trying to delete select fonts from /System/Library/Fonts. I dont have the ability to use Universal T...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

install High Sierra from image ??

I created a base install of 10.13.1 and then use disk utility to get the image, then uploaded it to Casper Admin. has anybody tried this? is there a problem doing it this way? i have it in a configuration right now, the configuration running on test ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Target Mode Imaging 10.13 Already APFS

Hello, prior to 10.13 i was using Casper TMI to image our macs.Whilst dep is all well and good what about when you want to erase the disk to re-deploy the machine elsewhere?Well i was on the understanding if the mac is already 10.13 and the ssd was c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JP10 - Netboot imaging slow

Since upgrading to JP 10, I've noticed the netbook imaging is extremely slow. under 9.101 I'd have a machine net booted and reimaged within an hour. I changed from casper imaging.app to jamf imaging.app and now it's been "installing" the OS package f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra iclould login pop for existing users

I have used the script below to suppress the icloud and diagnostic popup for new and existing users from 10.10 to 10.12, but now with 10.13 it is not working to suppress the icloud popup for existing users. It will suppress the diagnostics for existi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels