Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workaround for no ldap (JIM) can API help?

Hi All Looking for some help - assistance- moral support :)Unlike many enterprises - we have had a hard time getting JIM integrated in our infra due to the insecure architecture of JIM--- we would of used an ldap source primarily software allocations...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Problem Configuring Jamf Infrastructure Manager

Looking for advice setting up a JIM on Ubuntu. I get the following when trying to enroll the JIM. WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurredWARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.google.gson.internal.reflect.UnsafeReflectionAcces...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Healthcare Listener Port Change

When changing a port number assigned for Healthcare Listener incoming communication of the ADT message. After changing the port in JPS (jamfcloud), and verifying (/etc/jamf-im/hcl/com.jamfsoftware.hcl.properties) on the host running jamf-im, after th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

JIM Monitoring and Logging with QRADAR or other SIEMs

Hi everyone, we currently have the JIM configured for an LDAP Proxy in our JAMF Cloud environment and I was wondering if anyone has setup any sort of SIEM system with JIM for monitoring any LDAP activity. Looking for QRADAR specifically, but any insi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Setup

I am setting up Jamf for the first time in my Org. We are connecting with Azure AD. I have my jump start in two weeks and I have a little confusion around if "my AD is externally facing" and if not "I need to set up Jamf Infrastructure Manager" befor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.19 + Infrastructure Manager

With the Jamf Pro 10.19 upgrade comes an update for Jamf Infrastructure Manager. It also requires the JIM server to have Java 11 installed. Does this "maintenance" need to occur pre- update or post- update to 10.19?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Infrastructure Manager

Hey All, I already have a support ticket in with JAMF but I need some help ASAP and they haven't responded over an hour. Can someone please help me? I have a JIM in place. Jamf Console was pointed to and LDAP server that, as of yesterday, no longer e...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to setup ldaps with split dns system.

I have .com for the inside and .edu for the outside. I do not own the .com only the .edu. The cert for the ad is linked to the .com. I can not make it .edu because things inside will brake. I was told the host name i use in the ldap screen and cert h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud, JIM, and LDAP vs LDAPS

Right now, we have a LDAP server successfully configured within Jamf Cloud. The architecture is standard for a typical JIM implementation - Jamf Cloud talks to a Jamf Infrastructure Manager (JIM) server living in our DMZ, which then communicates with...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Infrastructure Manager (re-installation)

Been running Jamf Infrastructure Manager (JIM) for well over a year, without issues. I used this help discussion from the original install discussion here #27685 We recently had an unavoidable internal IP network change which affected our JIM ubuntu ...  View more

25f27756fc7b43008833e19cdde9d30d
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacing Java on Jamf Infrastructure Manager

Hey all, trying to Follow the Knowledge Article on Migrating to OpenJDK: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/632/migrating-to-openjdk-8-in-windows-server-environments However, this article is specifically for Jamf Pro, and I'm trying to get mor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Infrastructure Manager/LDAP Proxy

I'm trying to get the LDAP proxy working on my new cloud instance, but I'm running into a wall. I have my firewall configured to go to https://mycloud.jamfcloud.com on ports 80, 8443, 443, 8389, 8636. I was able to enroll my server and can see it suc...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADCS and JIM on same server?

I'm willing to try this on my own, but after the struggles we encountered getting our JIM working in the DMZ I wondered if anyone had attempted this successfully before I go down the rabbit hole. Do you have your JIM and your ADCS on the same server/...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Server Test not Pulling any Results

I am preparing for my on-boarding next week by configuring JIM so that our cloud-hosted Jamf pro server can query our on-premises Active Directory directory. Everything is set up with DNS records, forwarding etc- the JIM server is checking in to the ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Proxy - Not connecting from Cloud JAMF server

We are new to JAMF. Our JAMF instance is on Cloud and we have Infra Manager. Firewall ports are opened to connect to Inframanager. However we are not able to query any users. If we do a test. Below is the error message. Any suggestions are appreciate...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring LDAP For JAMFCloud

Hi Everyone, I've decided to create a simple discussion about configuring LDAP for JAMFCLOUD. I've had somewhat of a difficult time getting this to work since JAMF in their documentation do not support NAT. I've decided to share what I've done to mak...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setup/Enrollment with Centrify Smart card externally

Was just posed with this question/request yesterday about setup and enrollment using Centrify smart cards authentication before JSS enrollment externally and internally. A Windows co-worker told management, yes we can enroll Mac's this way with or wi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could multiple LDAP servers use the same LDAP proxy?

Hello, All.I am looking up the settings of LDAP Sever and LDAP Proxy referring to the following guide.I want multiple search bases and don't want to search the whole tree.Therefore, I am trying to add multiple LDAP Server Settings.Could multiple LDAP...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Wipe and VPP Licenses

When I send out a Wipe command, do I need to uninstall the VPP apps first? My concern is that if I wipe , I'll lose the licenses to the apps I've paid for, or does the wipe automatically strip the licensing and put the licensing back into my VPP?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Infrastructure Manager Setup behind NAT

Hi everyone. I had some real fun and games getting a JIM setup on our evaluation network last week, mainly because the JIM is designed to run on a WAN side server or in a demilitarised zone. But for those of you who need to use the Jamf Infrastructur...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Keep stolen devices in JMAF without consuming a license

Hi We run a fleet of about 220 iPads managed using JAMF. JAMF is our MDM but also acts as a device inventory. We have have had about 5 or 6 devices stolen so far, the number will inevitably increase. After 3 months has passed with no signal from the ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels