Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Upgrade Jamf Pro On-Prem

Hey, we are just upgrading an on-prem Jamf Pro instance from version 10.7.1 to newest Version. We follow: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/647/incremental-upgrade-scenarios-for-jamf-pro-10-0-0-or-later After Upgrading Java to version 11 and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring database to remote MySql instance?

My Jamf-Pro server is in AWS on a RHEL 7 box. My jamf database resides on a separate RDS. My database.xml file has been edited appropriately. I am in the process of migrating to AWS from on-prem standalone linux box.So i have made a backup of my on-p...  View more

9637ce240ece42bfbebe997a1a6b9c25
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install JAMF Pro 10.17.0 without Internet Connection

Due to security restrictions within my environment, I have spend an considerable amount of time to install JAMF without having an internet connection to my server (it took me a long time as I was not well-versed in linux as well but it was one of the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

jamf pro - self hosted questions

Looking to try out jamf pro. I have a few questions: 1) Most of our public facing apps don't use LDAP. Instead, we use SAML 2.0 with Azure AD. We have our own Azure AD Connect server that syncs our on-prem to Azure. With that said, if we use SSO - ca...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure workspace with Jamf

We currently use MobileIron for IOS management. Looking to start using Jamf to manage a small fleet of iPads. Is it possible to do the "Secure workspace" feature that MobileIron offer with Jamfhttps://www.mobileiron.com/en/endpoint-security/secure-wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

anyone using a pipeline to automate the upgrades?

I would like to convert this snowflake server into 'cattle', but I have been unsuccessful building a successful terraform script or container, what with the special files to preserve and the current method of generating a cert and manually loading it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenJDK update on Ubuntu 14.04

I'm in the process of updating a cloned version of our JSS from 9.97 to 10.0 (then 10.7) to keep our change process brigade happy ahead of the real thing, but I've run into a bit of an issue that's beyond my current Linux experience. I need to update...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up Jamf 10 in AWS

As part of a general effort to become more knowledgable about AWS and JAMF, I've started a dummy environment totally separate from production for my own practice purposes, with the hopes of convincing my department head to implement them once I becom...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Firewall: Jamf PRO Server testing

@dan.kubley showed me this to test if the firewall for your jamf PRO server is configured correctly: /bin/nc -z gateway.push.apple.com 2195/bin/nc -z feedback.push.apple.com 2196/bin/nc -z mdmenrollment.apple.com 443/bin/nc -z vpp.itunes.apple.com 44...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Building JSS with Ansible in AWS

Hi, I have seen the JNUC video where this was discussed. I haven't found many other resources discussing implementations that have been done this way. I am working on some playbooks to deploy our infrastructure as we use Ansible in house for other au...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Database Connection Error with Jamf 10

Noticed the database connection screen has changed. Instead of showing a screen with entries from the DataBase.xml, it only prompts for a database password. What happened to the ability to enter other information on this screen? Would prefer the scre...  View more

0176237cbdbf46bea3db3bac0e7def04 9de74ff7455a49e1bfe2cf2d146030f1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS for Distribution Point on Linux

Trying to setup a more secure load balanced distribution point environment. Currently have HTTP and SAMBA distribution point using port 80 on RHEL. Due to security concerns, need to secure it by using HTTPS and TLS 1.2. Could not find information on ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated Linux JSS installation

This was asked at several panels at JNUC, but it was not publicly announced how to execute this as it is an undocumented feature. Anyone happen to have the documents to do this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux Setenv.sh question

I began noticing in 9.99.0 and now 9.101.0 that setenv.sh has 2 lines export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize-256m" JAVA_OPTS=" -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M" Looking at the comment section in the file and the line abo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up new JSS

I'm setting up a new JSS for scaling reason. I can access the JSS through chrome using the local ip but I can't seem to get it from the external IP. I had the guy that does our website create the DNS record to the Public IP of the server but I always...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location of CasperShare in the Linux filesystem.

I am migrating 9.98 JSS from Mac to a Linux server and I am having problems with the web server getting "Forbidden" when I try to download a package from it. Can you tell me: What path do you use (what location in the filesystem) for your CasperShare...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to log into server web interface

Working on moving to a new Ubuntu Linux server. Everything was working great, I had my users set up, I could log in, blah blah. Yesterday I tried to restore a more recent backup, it showed it was successful but now I've lost all ability to log into t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

RHEL 6 & 7 JSS

Im about to standup our JSS instances on RHEL systems and our linux engineers would like to know what filesystem is needed. Can the JSS install be moved to /opt and the application size. I've search many of the linux install docs but can not find thi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Education Support - User Images

Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do when it comes to the 'Certificate Download' and 'Upload Additional Certificate' options? I've went thorough all the docs I can find and the most helpful line is this:"save the certificate in the appropr...  View more

38f5b135aaf64253be0af5f436665366 1c20395a4d614b21be9e7b238a78d3b1 716e87286c88414a8d9ee69ff562b84c 5807ad2ef3d7489bac5d7631e52e818d
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels