Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac HD icon

On some our of our staff computers, the HD icon is showing up on the desktop looking like a Firefox or Chrome icon. Does anyone know why this would be happening or if there's something we're doing wrong? It doesn't seem to cause any issues but it's t...  View more

e3de58b34174434099b867568fd4b1ed 07473d0772fb43c6bde8ef46059d91b4
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Zoom IOS App configuration

I wanted to share my configuration XML for those wanting to rollout zoom to IOS and lock it down. I am working through Zoom's documentation here:Using MDM to configure Zoom on iOS The following is the configuration I used: SetSSOURL yourdomain SetEm...  View more

01a278446e964745b80f9678a42ea05d
  • 35 replies
  • 3 kudos

Warning/Error during DEP Enrollment

We are currently adding our ipads to our cloud instance of Jamf Pro and it is going somewhat smoothly, but I keep running into an warning as the team is going through pre-stage enrollment. It looks like this: 2020-03-18 16:59:58,034 [WARN ] [na-exec-...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

User Images in Classroom and Schoolwork

I have a working test system to add the user images to Apple Classroom, however SSL configuration is new to me and as regards photos of students security is very important.Is a self signed cert on the server hosting the photos secure enough?The photo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are you tossing? - iPad Replacement Cycle

Hey folks. I just wanted to toss the question out there and see what you kind folks are doing for you replacement cycle this year. We have already gotten rid of everything Air 2 and below. We are planning on getting rid of some first gen 9.7 Pros and...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS and Self Service with Prompted Update Notices

Here is what I am looking for. I am planning to use Self Service for macOS updates on our teacher computers so that they can run the available update when they have down time and are not in the middle of class. That said, we want to make sure that th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Disable Incognito Mode on iPads

Is there any way to disable Incognito Mode in Chrome on iPads? I really don't see the purpose of Chrome on iPads, if I'm being honest. Safari seems like a much better option. I recently had to disable Private Browsing in Safari on our iPads. I wish t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

iboss cloud connector 2020

Is anyone using the "iboss cloud connector 2020" app with the iBoss content filter for off-site iPad filtering? I've tried it for a few weeks with our 11th and 12th grade 1-to-1 students this month, but eventually turned it off because students were ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD Login AD - 2020/01

Does anyone know if NoMAD Login AD is a dead product or are there plans to continue it? I haven't seen any updates to v1.3.0 in several months, if not longer. I'd like to move our Macs over to it but it's not ready for prime time yet. Until then, I'm...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Classes Cleanup

Our district is in the process of implementing the use of Apple Classroom for our mobile devices. While I was importing Classes into JAMF from PowerSchool, I screwed it up and imported way more classes than will be using Classroom, and I also apparen...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP Package at enrollment and KExt

Hi,I am working on new laptop deployment with DEP, Catalina, trying to reduce clicks and suppress all confusing popups :)I have a Config Profile with third party extensions and team IDs including the only one I have found for HP.I also have the box c...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 2 kudos

Login Window Background Picture Catalina

Hey all,Just looking at Catalina and setting a custom login background window picture which has been very easy in the past and helps us quickly identify what machine goes to what building. I'm hopeful Apple would allow this part of the system to be m...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Faronics Insight

Trying to correctly create a profile for Faronics Insight to work properly on 10.14. I tried with the PPPC Utility but it doesn't seem to allow everything that Insight should be allowed to do. Anyone already done the work on this and feel like sharin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad setup issues

Hey all,I just starting up the shared iPad feature on a new cart and encountering a few issues I wanted to ask about. First of all, once our prestage dep enrollment hits, it reboots the iPad and asks for a student to login which is fine, but then get...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Staff altering user groups

The inability to use Classes to assign apps to student iPads seems to be a large shortcoming, but to work around it, has anyone given staff members the right to create or edit Static User Groups? We have a program that rewards the student with and ap...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push photos/Images to ipads

Hello. this may be very simple but havent been able to work out how.We have an event where staff would like to use the student ipads to show photos. The same 10 or so photos on each ipad, is there a way to push these images to the ipads from Jamf ?Th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Lost Student iOS Devices

Background:About 2 years ago our school district went 1:1 with iPads. Only MS and HS students take the iPads home. Daily our IT department receives anywhere from 10-40 calls from either librarians, students, or secretaries asking us to locate the mis...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

HMH (Scholastic Learning) FasttMath

I am aware of how to configure the R180u software using the following SiteIDh1xxxxxxx In JAMF but FasttMath does'nt look for a Site ID it looks for a URL so I'm tried the following but it's not working.. SAMURLhttps://h1xxxxxxx.education.scholastic....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force users to use MAIDs on iPads

Is there a way to force users to use their MAIDs on supervised devices? Something happened to our student iPads and it is asking them all to re-authenticate. The issue is, we have their ability to modify accounts disabled to force them into their MAI...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Notification Certificate has expired

I am attempting to renew our Push Notification Certificate. I am following the steps provided but when I put in the Jamf Nation credentials I get a message that the account has not been validated. I have searched in our previous employees emails for ...  View more

2e008843eecb4b629f5ac2c8df2c509c
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 v16.24 Preferences

Does anyone know where I can get an updated version of the Office 2016 preferences script for the newest version of Office version 16.24? Office 2016 does not work with new version. Much appreciated.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM abilities for 3rd vs 4th gen Apple TV

We're considering picking up a handful of Apple TVs for next year and trying to decide between the 3rd and 4th gen models. It looks like a used 3rd gen model can be had for around $100 which is a significant enough discount from the $150 4th gen mode...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels