Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

If Device Count Exceeds, can you still enroll iPads?

hey all, I am running into an issue where I can install the CA JSS Built-In signing certificate. However, the MDM profile is failing to install. "Profile installation failedA connection to the server could not be" I've tried:-Enabling Full Trust for ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store adoption

I am deploying several macs they come bundled with keynote etcAm in correct in thinking if I allow App Store adoption the bundled apps will get updated We will be using device based licences and I don’t want to push out the apps or delete the apps fr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Adobe CC Desktop App popup

Dear forum members,Recently we deployed the Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 to the iMac labs. When I created the package, I forgot to uncheck the Desktop App. Now all the lab iMacs has it and when anyone logs, it just pops up. It is quite annoying, and if ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Static groups for software install?

We have some software that we want users specifically request by calling/mailing our helpdesk, and then our helpdesk can assign the software to the users computer. Is static groups the best route for this? For example a user wants SPSS 24. Sends a ti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensed Software list not updating

I'm currently trying to remove software that we are no longer using. I have set up a licensed software definition and that was initially working. I then wrote a script that removed the software (by deleting the app in the Applications folder) and dep...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC Serialization Update

We have been informed that we need to update our Adobe Creative Cloud license to a new perpetual license. Some of our end users are beginning to see warnings that their versions of various adobe products will expire in 30 days. I have used the creati...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Support for Apple School Manager Apps & Books

I got an email last night, from Apple, regarding a replacement for the Volume Purchasing Program, Apple School Manager Apps & Books. It is fully described at this HT. We have 2 VPP tokens, and a couple of apps that got licenses on each token - one of...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 7 kudos

Adobe Enterprise License and Named user license

Hello Everyone, I know this topic has been hammered to death at times, but please let me ask some questions here. We have an Adobe Enterprise license that runs through May of 2020. We have packaged via Adobe Creative Cloud Packager, the Adobe CC 2018...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office 365 and Activation

Hello Everyone, Sorry if this is a duplicate, but we are in a little bit of a panic state. Previously, we have been installing Office 2016 for Mac along with a license key via the serialization file installation mentioned in many other places. This h...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capture One Pro 10 activation issue

Hi everyone, I am in need of some help. We are using PhaseOne's - Capture One Pro 10 and I am having an issue with the licence/activation of this software. When sending the package out Capture One installs but asks for activation, this is happening e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 Force Activation

Hello Guys, we have enrolled Office 2016 with an Volume Licence Key. Now i was asked to remove the Licence (what i did and worked fine) but does anybody know how i can force the "First start and Login into Office 365" Screen? Thank you a lot  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Now to Pro Upgrade

Morning, I am looking into getting Jamf integrate into the business I work for and we don't currently have enough devices to justify paying for Jamf Pro but I think that might change when we are a bit more 'Mac-friendly' Is it possible to start on Ja...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple MDM Environment - Best Practice

Hi Guys,Here is the current situation: 1. Already running AirWatch with iPads, implemented VPP and DEP. 2. Already running JAMF with iMacs, going to implement VPP and DEP. 3. Evaluating Microsoft InTunes, going to test with iPads and iMacs with VPP a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing multiple standalone licenses

Hi,We recently purchased about 100 rhino licenses for macOS. Is there a way to assign a 1:1 for a specific group of users? If this software was available for purchase via vpp this would be a lot easier. I've looked at the licensed software option but...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking Applications by User

Everyone, I was hoping to gain some insight into application tracking. Currently we are attempting to develop a process for tracking applications/license tied to users. Our dilemma is this, if we wipe a machine we know we can always restore from a ba...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I download the free or trial version

How do I download the free or trial version Hello,We are starting a new project on a client that works with MacOS.We would like to test the software, homologate it and then introduce it to it.How do I get a free trial version? Thank you.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Licensing

Hi everyone, Has anyone had any problems with licensing Adobe? We have created a policy for installing the software, but the license package we created does not work. Unfortunately, I am not the one who created the package. Does anyone has any sugges...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practise for smart groups

Hey! I have just ended my trial weeks for JAMF and have been fiddling around with smart groups and policies mostly. One example I was curious about is how to build smart-groups the most efficient way possible to reduce overhead. Example: Users need S...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPPServiceHelper errors in JamfSoftwareServer.log

We switched JSS's yesterday and did a revoke of all VPP apps, moved the token from old to new, and re-scoped apps. Most of the "in use" totals are populating but are inaccurate, and some are not reporting at all. I took a look at the JAMFSoftwareServ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP bought apps removed from iTunes Store

I am getting alot of reporting in my log file stating this message [ERROR] [duledPool-7] [VppServiceHelper ] - Error managing licenses. ErrorNumber: 9628 , ErrorMessage:License not eligible for device assignment. Anyone here have a way to identify th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font Removal Script

Quick question. I have a script that removes the Gotham font family from users computer. I know that it could be a little dangerous using the wildcard but it seems to work ok. Here is the problem that I am running up against. The script works great w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels