Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Basic Pulse Secure Install

Hi Everyone. I am trying to add a policy that installs Pulse Secure on our endpoints, because we require it for use with VPN. I have seen the instructions from @rtrouton on now to deploy with a custom config, but they do not work, as I am simply tryi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Upgrading FCP

Built a package for Final Cut Pro 10.3.2 update last year, using the App Store method as described on @rtrouton 's site here: https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2015/11/19/downloading-installer-packages-from-the-mac-app-store-with-appstoreextract/ Ini...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filemaker Pro Updates

Filemaker updates for the Mac used to be downloadable, and therefore easy to make as a package, but now they are just in app updates. Is anyone finding a way to update Filemaker Pro to the most current version through Casper?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-Place macOS Sierra Upgrade Script

Hello, I am trying to follow this guide from JAMF: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s398/sh/bec8a262-e33d-4ad9-80fa-05b939db6d8d/f4ca396a63caa510 I am using the script noted here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s398/sh/bec8a262-e33d-4ad9-80fa-05b939db6...  View more

• 126 replies
  • 1 kudos

McAfee Agent 5.0.4.283 - Questions

Got a quick question and was wondering if anyone as seen this. I created both a DMG and a pkg for the McAfee Agent (install.sh file), created a policy to run it. The policy runs and when its finished, I get a policy failed. But when I check the polic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Triton Forcepoint AP-WEB

Does anyone out there have experience packaging Triton Forcepoint AP-WEB up for distribution through the JAMF? The current ZIP that I have has two .pkgs included in the folder along with a .cer file, .hsw file & .xml file. I believe the WebsenseEndpo...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure Pulse VPN Connections embedded in package

Hi All I have the new version of Pulse Secure (5.2) and I can deploy correctly via Casper admin and JSS and it installs fine. I now want to add the VPN connections to the package so that they get added to app during installation. I have been reading ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having trouble activating a launchAgent correctly

Hello JAMF peeps, I'm running into a wall on this. I'm trying to create a script that will run some policies after a user logs in after the computer has been imaged. Pretty much a first boot / log in script. I created a launchAgent using Lingon X and...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate adding Printer code in Canon Driver

Hello All, I am trying to find a way to automate adding a printer code to a Canon driver (various models). Currently I have to perform the following: In Printers & Scanners > Select a printer > Select Options & Supplies > Select Utility > Open Printe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer variable question

Hi Guys, I guess the question has been posted several times but I can't find what I'm looking for.I need to create packages with composer for one of my non-jamf customer. Exemple : installing Google Chrome with a custom home page, but the users home ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launchagent help

Hello, I'm fairly new to JAMF and mac administration in general, we just went through our organization's jumpstart and I've gotten everything fairly setup, but I'm at a bit of a loss that from research seems like an easy concept. Basically, I'm lost ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xerox C60 Fiery Printer Drivers

I've been looking up and down the Jamf Nation threads for the last two weeks and not finding any working solution for this... I have 3 xerox C60 machines. Two have an internal Server (C60-i) and one has an External Server (C60) all using Fiery softwa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business 16 fails to install

I uploaded the S4b installer to the JSS, created a self service policy. Self Service says it installed correctly, but the logs show: Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Error - I tried then pushing via C. Remote and it failed with...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Automator .Workflow file

Hello, I've made a service through Automator, and binded it to a keyboard shortcut. Would there be any simple way to make this available through say self service? Or deploy it with a policy? I've tried googling around a little and read about the inst...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Adobe CC, having issues

Hey everybody, I'm attempting to remotely deploy Adobe CC via the JSS. I've followed instructions I was able to find here and using the script it had also linked found here. I checked the jamf.log file, and verified the policy started to run, so I le...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Old install New

With Adobe CC 2017 out, we want to start upgrading to the current version. However, previous versions had different "bundles" for 2015. I have the uninstaller for these, but then I have to make like 5 different groups/policies/etc. Is there a way to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Triggering a Jamf Check-in without Sudo

Hi folks, I am doing a task of making an app to resolve an issue. This app will exist as a standalone on our Macs, for users who are not admins. As part of one of the scripts I am using within the app, I will need to force/trigger the Mac to perform ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to package GNU Tar-1.29 for macOS?

Has anyone attempted to create a .dmg or .pkg for GNU Tar-1.29? /Know the best way to go about it? I'm installing from terminal but running into a /usr/share/man/man1/tar.1 permission denied error during './configure && make && make install' before I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer created .pkg's removing applications

Has anyone else experienced the following issue? When using Composer to create .pkg files for apps that are a single .app, I have been reusing a previously created .pkg's source (like a template) and simply replacing the .app with new the one I want ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy/Use Avid Pro Tools First in Lab?

We've received a faculty requests twice now to install the new "free" version of Pro Tools, Pro Tools First, in one of our labs. Has anyone tried or had success with this? I did download and install the .pkg from Avid, but the installer wants to do a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to package Encase Servlet

Nothing I've tried so far seem to get it to install and talk to the server. I've tried installing from the supplied mpkg, I've tried packaging with a snapshot in Composer, it's just not working. Is anybody currently using Casper to push the encase se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Option to upgrade from <=10.9.X to El Capitan

Hi Experts, Whats your recommendation on upgrading OS X from Mavericks and below to El Capitan? Things I have tried. > Created a OSX El Capitan install package using createOSXInstallPkg and cached it to local clients, but after running the cached pac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business MAU

Hi folks, Has anyone yet installed this, and been able to block the included MAU from installing with it? I have a "choices.xml" file that worked with Lync, but when I tried using it with the new Skype for Business installer, it didn't block MAU from...  View more

2002d57228ad4762a8c65ba956d472d1 ecb17710dba8444b9fed6e5e262587b6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode -- Running as a non-admin

Hey Guys, We removed our admin rights from our developers :(Because of this xcode seems to have some issues that im dealing with at this pointWe are running a script (found on jamfnation) which basically alleviates most issues as it puts the user in ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels