Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to restart the global protect VPN agent.

So we use the Global Protect client for our vpn. One of the issues we have with this is that the thing seems to loose the ability to reconnect after being constantly suspended or put to sleep by our laptop users. Its not enough to kill the process to...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 8x managing updates via JSS

Dear JSS Community, Just trying to see how everyone managing Java updates these days? Appears new releases of Java no longer have a .pkg file to drop into Casper admin and apply policy. I have tried using composer however this doesn't appear to work....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Wifi Menu Icon

Hi all, Is there an easy way to remove the Wifi Menu icon via Casper? I found a thread from a year ago but didn't really understand what was said in it and was hoping things might have changed since. Composer doesn't seem to catch it and there's noth...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Illustrator CS6 Won't Display Fontbook Fonts

Hi! We installed Adobe CS6 applications on our design lab computers following the guide posted here:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=161 ... and Illustrator CS6 Version 16.2.1 won't pull fonts from the Fontbook when they are instal...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Needed Using Parameter Values in Script

I am in the process of writing a short script and need your help. The script is pretty simple. The aim is to first search and see if a specified process (processName=$4) is running. If it is, echo a string that states that it is running. If the speci...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Software/Plugins - Composer = Bad?

Hello! We use JAMF to manage our Graphics department. Most of the packages we build are plugins for After Effects. I've heard conflicting suggestions from colleagues/JAMF Nation discussions about the best method of packaging everything. We are in the...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script - Removing User Lync Data/Files

Hi all I have been tasked with making an uninstall script to remove all Lync data and files for an user. This is primarily to resolve Lync issues we often have in our organisation, and we would like to have a working script that a user can just run v...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer Autocorrect just made me want to cry

I am not sure what is going on but I have been pulling my hair out because I made a post install script in composer, and when I used a double dash it autocorrected it into a longer dash (??). It looked like a regular dash when I went back to edit so ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Graphpad Prism v6 repackaging

Does anyone have any successful experience of this? I installed Prism v6 into /Applications, created a StartupConfig.xml file (as per the advice here) and placed this under /Applications/Prism 6/, then captured this in Composer. However, when I insta...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chaining AutoPkg Packages Install then Script

Hi there, I'm trying to chain two steps to setup new computers :1/ Install Chrome and Slack, which have their packages auto generated, updated and cached thanks to autopkg2/ Once both are installed, run a script to set the dock in a clear state with ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

startosinstall 10.12.0

When I try to install using /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app" --volume "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" --nointeraction it returns Error: could not find OSInstal...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

GradeCam Reader / Uploading an OS X .app to the JSS

Hello! I am trying to package the GradeCam plugin for use by teacher workstations in our district, found here on step 2: https://downloads.gradecam.com/ The file is packaged as an .app, and the "traditional" approach of following through with the ins...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

After Update Recon is not starting anymore

Hi I upgraded to 9.96 yesterday.Today i want to create a new quickadd package but i can't use Recon anymore.Simply not opening. Konsole says: Recon: Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exiting OSX 10.10.5 any Ideas?Also tested with another user, not w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Xcode 8 via Self-Service - a how-to

Worked this out with @rtrouton based on both his installation script as well as the one located at cobbservations.wordpress.com Wanted to offer Xcode 8 (requires OS X 10.11.5 or later) to our user population via Self Service. Downloaded the Xcode 8 i...  View more

cc72a836d59f4d589a70bea2ec545e07
  • 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't repair disk permissions in macOS Sierra

I have the macOS Sierra GM installed on a VM and any time I run the command: sudo jamf fixPermissions -verbose I get an error: Fixing Permissions... verbose: Error executing command: ( "/usr/libexec/repair_packages", "--repair", "--standard-pkgs", "-...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPkgr error...

Apologies if this has been asked before....Im a little fried right now and seem to be going in circles... I have setup AutoPkgr successfully. I am attempting to test run a AdobeFlashPlayer.jss recipe and am getting an error of: 'Error Running recipes...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels 12 Business Edition

Hi i was wondering if anyone has deployed Parallels 12 with the following restriction Locking down what images they can use Password Protect it so new images cannot be created by users . i was advised i can do this by a console but i cant seem to fin...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Egnyte Desktop Sync

Time has come to reach out to the community of experts. I'm trying to push out Egnyte Desktop Sync to all my client computers. The vendor package is a DMG that contains an Installer.app file. Just after some ideas on how to manage and deploy a DMG li...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deployed App shows up as PowerPC?

I've been using our JSS (version 9.93) to push apps out to our labs (running Mac OS 10.11.6.) I have one app that has been giving me trouble - the Prinergy Evo client. It installed fine in the VM I used to create the package, but when I deploy it to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Google Drive and Chrome Login

Good afternoon everyone, I have a question and I'm not sure if its possible. We have a couple of computer carts in a school with multiple users on each computer. Each one has the same multiple users, but each one has 5 users (one for each grade). I w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build and installation Schedule

Hi, everyone. I've recently joined an ad agency where we finally are upgrading about 40 Mac Yosemite users and a few Windows users (but using SCCM; not Casper) from Adobe CS6 to Creative Cloud, using CCP for packaging and Casper for deployment. This ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dealing with software that needs admin rights

Hello all, I will get this out of the way.. I am a Windows admin, not a Mac guy, so this is seriously all new to me, and i am treading lightly as i try to learn Mac/Casper stuff. I have managed to figure out parts of Autopkgr and the likes, and every...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Interactive Input for Flat Package(s) - Composer

If you're a Casper Suite customer, this discussion may not be helpful or relevant. We're currently a Bushel MDM subscriber and we are still imaging our systems with a custom AutoDMG image (that changes monthly), which integrates some customization, s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels