Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Managed Software Center

Hello, I noticed a couple weeks ago, that all devices have the "Managed Software Center" installed. It checks for updates when I open it and then errors out. The about says "https://www.munki.org/munki/ Managed Software Center". I can't even click on...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uploading and distributing Mac apps - Jamf Pro 10.21.0

Hello everyone!Now I need to reach out for help once my colleague who is a Jamf guru has quit and I have had to take over. I've done this once, for two years ago and don't remember 100% how. And that was related to Bitdefender which worked a little d...  View more

e2c08b2afe6848dd91b12d7852f97dce
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Update

A standalone, post-post-install script to (hopefully) update Sophos and detect false-positive installation results Background While deploying a recent Sophos EDR pilot, creating a custom installer package with a minimal post-install script a close as...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-Place Upgrade from Sierra to Catalina

Hey Friends - We're got about 15 Trashcan Macs in an offline environment that have been sitting on Sierra 10.12.4 for the last few years. Due to some incompatibility with our software licensing/operating system, it's looking like we are being forced ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cannot upload Creative Cloud Desktop app

We have a fleet of MacOS devices running Catalina, using Jamf Pro for management. I have packaged the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application for deployment, this package was created via the Creative Cloud admin portal. The intention is to deploy th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Teamviewer opening after installation

Dear all.Is anyone of you aware of a way how to prevent the auto-starting of Teamviewer (and with that, the basic setup assistant) after the installation?I have seen that there are quite a few Launch agents and Launch Daemons included in the installe...  View more

62563a1e45d64c9cac4993165f16149d
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random "private" and "Library" folders.

Hello everyone, we've been dealing with a strange bug that creates a locked "Library" folder, and a "private" folder when we push a policy that drops a file or folder onto a computer. They don't seen to cause any issues, but they do look messy. Has a...  View more

3d48977a738043a0aee7c2b4e3fb436f 073d850d4a6e433ea824fb41088c93a5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoCAD 2021 for Mac Deployment

Has anyone successfully gotten this packaged/deployed with Jamf? I referenced this thread but couldn't get it going:https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/35944/autocad-2021-deployment-with-network-server We only need it to be on ~20 macbooks a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replace files in a package?

I have a package that I need to replace/edit a couple of files in, is there a quick/easy way to do this without having to install the package to its absolute destination location? Specifically, I have a package that contains a folder "/Library/Applic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

is PatchBot using anybody in the PROD environment

https://github.com/Honestpuck/PatchBotHi anybody using this tool ? I have a few doubts. Is it 100% free tool. ( as per the blog, he Bought "Kinobi" tool to quality patch definition.) is there any flow chart of PatchBot, how it works? is it auto creat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How do we get Jamf working?

Hi,I am hoping that someone here can assist and/or advise. Some months back we had a demo of JamfPro.It seemed like it would do everything we wanted in the demo environment, so progressed ahead to purchase. We get the live environment, do the JumpSta...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Adobe Connect

We had a request to deploy adobe connect, but the installer is a DMG and .app file, has anybody gotten an install method for it? looks like there's a script in the .app package, but I don't see any instructions anywhere on how to do it on the Mac.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Unreal Engine?

Does anyone know of a way other than Composer of creating a .pkg package containing folders to be installed at specific locations? I'm trying to package the latest Unreal Engine for installation on our Media Department's Macs. Epic doesn't provide an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe XD

Is it possible to deploy Adobe XD from JSS? I've been trying to find a way to do it but I haven't found anything yet. Any advice would be helpful.Thanks in advance.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages won't install

I am new to Jamf and i have noticed that some packages aren't getting installed. Some are updates like CHromeFFAdobe Reader. Some are actual software like Google Earth and BBedit. Instead of them going into Applications, they are being placed in the ...  View more

1e74752d22ea48a4ab7386015e3dd420
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling OpenVPN Connect Client

The installation package for Open VPN Connect Client does not uninstall the previous version. I am looking for a way to uninstall the old version; is there a way to accomplish this other than running an rm -f command? Notes:I tried the instructions h...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notion install

Anyone deployed Notion app successfully? I'm trying to place the app in self service so a non-admin user can install since it requires moving the app to the users application folder. After running from a few test machines the app installs successfull...  View more

9e21b50cfa924845bf81a4e14af8b103
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Wireshark

Hi all,I'd like to have this available in Self Service. When I try it the way I have some applications set up, it just drops the DMG contents into the "/" directory. The DMG for Wireshark contains additional packages for ChmodBPF, so do I need to add...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

PSA: Problems packaging VMware Fusion 11.5.5

VMware Fusion 11.5.5 now has 21 files in the application bundle with attached xattrs which are not preserved if you use Composer to create a .pkg installer, or when running the AutoPkg recipe for packaging VMware Fusion 11. Attempting to run a VM wit...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

End User Security Profiles and Settings

I posted this on the general discussion board earlier today but then I discovered this new community and I feel like it fits better here since we are all in the education world. I am wanting to improve our end user security within our school district...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

firefox no entry sign

For a while now we've been seeing the no entry sign in Firefox, both when using one of the auto-update scripts or when I install through AutoPKGr. Any thoughts of what could be wrong?  View more

fd35f8d3ff444fea9e248b2ab20c0694
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Package Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent

Does anyone know how to best Package up the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent for Business? The file they provide has special characters so it prevents me from just uploading it directly into Jamf. I have tried changing the name and am able to upload it, b...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blender 2.82a incorrect file permissions - quickfix

Posting this here because some poor soul might be searching for it in the future...If you've been asked to deploy the latest version of Blender 2.82a and you've discovered it's DMG packaged file permissions are messed up from the official website, th...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 5 kudos

Auto PKGS in Jamf Pro

I recently had a demo for kandji, which does have some interesting features that Jamf could add. Is there catalog of pre-built pkgs. You just go into the console and click add and pic a pre-built pkg for like Google Chrome. This pkg is full patched a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Uninstall Adobe CC Apps

Hi All In preparation of moving everyone to Adobe CC 2020, we need to first uninstall 2015 & 2018 apps. Is there script maybe go off? I have tried the CC Cleaner Tool app and then each apps uninstaller with not so great success rate Any tips and advi...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

Figuring out whats wrong with my PKG

I created a pkg that will deploy Snagit 2020 and with post-install to remove some plugins and disable users from adding new ones. So pretty simple pkg I attached the screenshot. The issue is that Snagit is not copied to the Application dir.No issues ...  View more

a08acbd71a8242429e2d42c8f0142bb1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels