Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Patch Management Tutorial

Hello, Is there any plan to create a patch management video tutorial? I can't seem to find it in the training catalogs. I reviewed the Jamf Administrator documentation, but having a demonstration or best practices would be nice!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Install the latest version of Brave Browser

Modified a script that does the same thing for chrome. But this script will download and install the latest version of Brave directly from their web site #!/bin/sh dmgfile="Brave-Broswer.dmg" volname="Brave Browser" logfile="/Library/LogsBraveInstall...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

zoom updates in patch management?

In the past we've had apps not registering updates in jamf patch management (Cloud JSS). Our last Zoom patch level is showing it's 4.6.9 (4.6.11 is out)... Before I open a ticket with jamf I wanted to know if 4.6.10 or 11 was showing...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Managment 3rd Party

We used a lot of 3rd party software in the company, how did you solve this with the updates? Is there a good provider for patch management? I look forward to your news.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

iOS App Patch Management

Howdy, Is it possible to update an iOS app to a specific version and scope it to a smart group without updating the entire population? Scenario:Most of our conference room iPads are running Zoom Rooms version 4.6.0.For testing purposes, I want a smar...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave 10.14.6

Hi, I'm new to JAMF. I have one task to do is to upgrading OS from 10.14.4 to 10.14.6. As i found a lot of guide but they are .app but if i download the upgrade from Apple it is coming with .dmg than .pkg. There is no .app so all the commend i found ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-imaged computers don't re-run Patch Policies

If a computer does one of the Patch Policies in Patch Management, the computer is then marked as "Completed". If the computer is wiped and deployed again, it doesn't get patched because Jamf thinks it's already done. What should I be doing for this t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loop in Jamf Patch Management

Hey, when installing Firefox or Chrome Updates with Jamfs built in Patch Management I ran into a problem: This "Attempt 1" loops ~10 times on each device that has to be patched. After this weird loop the version on the targeted device does not change...  View more

21cf1fbd088448e2918d9437001fef01
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch management not updating

Hi all, I have been getting a headache with patch management. I have tried to update adobe acrobat reader, and google chrome on two different machines. I have downloaded the recent update from the 3rd party site as well as from jamf's 3rd party produ...  View more

• 40 replies
  • 3 kudos

Updating Patch Management packages automatically

Hey, my current Patch Management Workflow is to upload the newest version of an app as soon as an update is rolled out. I am doing this for Chrome, Firefox and all Office apps. Over the holidays I ran into the problem that there were new versions rel...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft AutoUpdate vs. Jamf Pro Patch Management

Recently I was made aware that Microsoft through their AutoUpdate tool has made Microsoft Office patches a lot smaller in the last several patches. @talkingmoose recently identified this on Twitter which led me to look into it further. My current wor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Patch Definition for OneDrive

The patch definition for OneDrive is no longer following the Production ring. Appreciate Jamf keeping me on stable Enterprise releases, but the built in updater on OneDrive always goes to the Production ring, so my users are constantly getting update...  View more

ef0141bec2ce4d78ba94feaca7738616 6eb37f352e5d415886bb8d4ebfdc320a
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self Service Patches Executing Find of *.VMX Files

Does anyone know why Jamf does a find of *.vmx files when installing application updates via Patch Management? Happens with multiple titles...canceling the update kills the find, and then hitting update again usually goes through quickly without exec...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management - Connection Failed

I need to find out what the endpoint hostname or IP is for the patch management section. This site has both firewall rules and proxy servers - It's most likely blocked but I can't determine where it goes to. Can anyone offer the domains and/or IPs th...  View more

5f008b7e92324443b2b5a8131fe66ce2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Login Issues

After updating my iMac to Catalina, I'm unable to login to the NetSUS web portal. I can access it, and it "processes" my login, but it just redirects me right back to the login prompt. What I have noticed is it redirects from https://netsus.example.c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Apple Security Patches

Hello guys, I am pro with scripts, I want add a restart pop-up if script need to restart machine. We want to add restart pop-up with these steps;- Check script's result if there is not security updates to install just quit- Check script's result if t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Word 16.30.19101301 Patch Management

Hi, Has anyone encountered a weird issue with the latest Microsoft Word patch management.The latest version is 16.30.19101301, same goes to Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint.The problem we have is the large number of the unknown version reported fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP app Overridden by patch Policy

Using Microsoft Word for example. VPP version is 16.29.19090802, Patch Policy version is 16.29.19091700. We are in a transition to VPP apps so about half the population has VPP currently. What keeps the Patch Policy from updating the VPP apps to the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dedicated Vs Standard JAMF cloud instance

Hi All,I am the Lead Technician for my organisations JAMF instance with 1000 iPads and 500 iMacs soon to be 800 iMacs.I received a email from JAMF saying my instance of JAMF is a dedicated instance and would I like to be migrated to a standard instan...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari issue since update?

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone else has seen issues with Safari not opening since the recent update? We've had a few MBPs that won't open Safari at all in the last two days. I've come in this morning and we have two more. Tried restarting and chec...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels