Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Zoom Room Controller App Connection Issue

Looking for anyone with guidance on how to resolve this weird issue I am auto deploying the Zoom Room Controller app from JAMF via VPP to our Zoom Room iPads, and for the most part the app will auto install, I am able to open and login and get to our...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

iPads stopped communicating with JSS all at once

We have about 130 iPads in or org. enrolled via pre-stage enrollment. Many of these iPads have not been in use as they are issued to traveling sales members who have not been traveling due to Covid. Recently we have been trying to make sure all devic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault the Prestage Local Admin account

In our Prestage we set an Local Admin account as below On ADE setup, users creates account, DEPnotify comes on and installs apps. On Completion DEPNotify is with Restart button. User clicks Restart and is prompted for their pwd to enable FileVault fo...  View more

dee58f2866334e248b207dc4f26cf3c3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre Stage Enrolment

Apologies if someone has already created a topic based on this but with pre-stage enrolment does anyone know of a way that you can see the progress of the enrolment on the client machine? We have our pre-stage enrolment set to install multiple packag...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Big Sur and Pre-Stage Enrollment

I have run into an issue with brand new Mac with Big Sur. They will not pick up the management profile from our Pre-Stage Enrollment so it will not prompt the user to acknowledge that the device is managed by our district and install the profile. I h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Package reverts to previous version

After a lot of trying I managed to finally get a prestage package installed, after checking the hash and the size more carefully. I still have an issue while trying updating the package: I changed the script inside the package, and uploaded it to Jam...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur PreStage user permissions

My PreStage is configured to create a hidden local admin account and a Standard Local user account.However, when I deploy a machine running Big Sur the local user is created with Admin permissions.Has anyone else seen this?  View more

b954f1d626d043a19808b8e577a8d236 a08297f7a108494a87fd2a2147cd7f63
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-Stage Enrollment Question

I have noticed something interesting over the last couple of weeks that I though I would post up here and see if there is a way to either fix it or just leave it be as it doesn't seem to be effecting our workflow. I work for a very large High School ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Computer Not Enrolling

Hey fellow Jamf admins, We deployed some new computers this week and have run into an issue I've never seen before... For context:We have Apple Business Manager, DEP, and our Jamf token with those services all aligned and it's been working just fine ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad and wallpaper setting

We have JAMF pro in our school and I have a problem with shared iPad, I cannot find the wallpaper setting after I login. I also set a Smart Device Groups so every iPad in our school will be change the wallpaper, but it seen that it no effect on share...  View more

e975e7719c9b44ecbea081c6cd25b172 0c71f6bf3475413799e7c6b46c29fe51
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for end user security profiles

I am wanting to improve our end user security within our school district on our macOS devices. Since I have taken over the Jamf/macOS/iOS process I have noticed that we don't have any real security profiles set up. What are some of your preferred pro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated Enrollment / DEP / PreStage

My Automated Enrollment / DEP workflow has been pretty solid during our testing...but as of this evening, certain aspects are not running the way it has been in the past few weeks of testing. I don't know if its because of testing on the same device ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile not loading on Prestage Enrollment

Hey guys, So recently we have purchased some new MacBooks. Instead of opening them up we would like to do Zero Touch Deployment on them. I'm new to this What I've managed to do so for is set up Prestage MDM Installation during initial setup. Unfortun...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleted prestage, way to recover it?

Ill start off that Im pretty sure I know the answer for this already but here it goes. My coworker was removing machines from a prestage and got lost doing something and forgot where/what he was doing. He then deleted our Student prestage (2800 machi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wipe and Re-Enroll into Jamf

My company provided me a couple of Apple Mac Laptop(s) for testing purpose. I am 99% sure they are all enrolled in DEP. I would like to: (1) completely wipe these Apple Mac laptop(s)(2) re-install the Apple macOS Operatying System(3) re-enroll them i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PKG only works when set on 'reboot'

Hi Nation, I am testing the latest java pkg (v8.241). If it set it on 'after' with any priorities, it doesn't install. If I set it on 'reboot' it installs.looking at my Jamf admin, I can see that previous java packages are set on after with priority ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Hide Management Account During Prestage Enrolment

Is there a way to hide the local Management Account during DEP Prestage Enrollment? We are not creating an additional management account but users are brought to this screen prompting for the local admin credentials. I can't see where to change this ...  View more

2645d686bd0c47b4b3be1b5aa2590130 8edb3af9cd734100a197bb47ccb2b9d3 ac2e4adeac9e49fe89de135481fbee28
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage enrolment doesn't run any policies

So we have DEP set up and machines build as they should we get all the correct screens and the accounts all get created but all policies just sit at pending or they run but don't do what they should do. For example we are trying to get JAMF Login to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Discuss Your "Onboarding Flow"

I'm really curious how different organizations manage onboarding new users, and how I could being using Jamf to better automate my redundant tasks. Are you completely zero touch? If so, how do you automate some of the necessary tasks? Or (like myself...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Best major OS upgrade workflow for labs?

Greetings all, tl;dr: Can I do a major (Sierra or High Sierra to Mojave) macOS update on my student labs without having to click through screens on site. Longer, more Bruce-like version: We have a variety of specialty labs in what we call the Center ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels