Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Recon Issues

Anybody else use the recon application? I use it with network segments for sorting my end users. I.E. students use these subnets and teachers use these other subnets. I'm using recon to move users to our new JSS. When I did the teachers everything wo...  View more

d7884b3dff1d4d14912b4d36b9763a70
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash script for Windows CA

We use a Windows CA for our corporate wifi; I am trying to create a script to generate a .csr, submit it to the CA, and import the resulting cert into the system keychain. I have the first part down, and importing a cert to the keychain; any assistan...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attributes cleared by Recon policy

Hi there. In order to keep our extension attributes up-to-date, we have added a recon policy, to run once daily, with a script called as follows; #!/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/jamf recon exit 0 When I run this script locally on macs, the recon command upd...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Recon-Stuck on "Checking AD Status

Hello all, Wondering if any of you have run into this issue before.Have about 200 Macs on two domains, recently I have had some issues with the logout policy enforcement of about <50 Macs. Running Recon -verbose on a test system with similar experien...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues running remote enrollment with recon

Hi Guys, Has any one seen this? We don't enroll many macs using the recon app so have not noticed this until now. When trying to do a remote enrollment with recon we get the following error. However i can scp over a quick add package and install it v...  View more

79934798b9e347b3b3b40c639cc1d6ae
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting "User and Location" information

Hello! The "User and Location" information for our computer records is important for scoping a number of our policies. Historically, we've set this information at deploy time, using Recon. Unfortunately, since we've upgraded to 9.97, we're unable to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12.3 not being seen for an update when Recon is run

is anyone else getting systems that when they are at 10.12.1 or 10.12.2 etc.. that even when the computer has it's inventory updated that the SOFTWARE UPDATES payload does not show 10.12.3 available? we've always had 'collect available software updat...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ssh error when using Recon for enrolment

Hi all, Hoping someone can give me a hand with an error I am seeing on ssh when trying to enrol machines into Casper using remote enrolment on Recon. When trying to connect to the remote Mac I am getting an error in ssh. The error message says "SSH f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Profile Manager profiles remotetly

Hi All New here to the Jamf family, just looking for some direction. Prior to getting Jamf we were testing OSX Server with mixed success. Following another OSX Server failure, we started to deploy Profile Managers profiles to manage laptops. The Prof...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Network Scanner

What's up everyone! We have a question about Recon. The scanning part. We get Macs from time to time that don't report in for whatever reason. We were wondering if theres a way to update/re-recon these problem-child workstations via the Console inste...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking-In over Wireless

If I switch a machine over to wireless (to simulate a laptop),pinging our JSS server by name still works but "jamf recon"and the "Self Service" application both give"Could not connect to the server."Is there some setting that I've missed?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

After Update Recon is not starting anymore

Hi I upgraded to 9.96 yesterday.Today i want to create a new quickadd package but i can't use Recon anymore.Simply not opening. Konsole says: Recon: Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exiting OSX 10.10.5 any Ideas?Also tested with another user, not w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bar Code 2 and Apple Enterprise Connect

Does anyone know how we can fill Bar Code 2? I don't see it as a choice in the list for JAMF recon:I only see the following: -assetTag, -endUsername, -realname , -email, -position, -building, -department, -phone, -room, -ldapServerID, -userID I'd lik...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd.pkg install failing

Hi guys, Having some trouble enrolling my Mac with the QuickAdd.pkg I created through Recon. I can enrol by other means, but I want to create a QuickAdd package to enable me to distribute this throughout the company. Below is the error log: Jun 23 12...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels