Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Clear Local User (Admin) Passcode - Computer

Hello All, I have a user with a Macbook Pro in a remote location and he cannot remember his password so it's prompted him for a recovery key (not.. a FileVault prompt right?). The Macbook is FileVault encrypted and I'm hoping to just clear his passwo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Remote 10.6.0 stuck on Screen Sharing steep

Hello Looks like Jamf Remote can't initiate Screen Share app. It start to happen recently after upgrade to 10.6.0My OS is 10.13.6 (also updated recently)Does anyone have similar issue with Jamf Remote?I can't locate any logs related, is there any?  View more

8168baa8dff142328afc29b0f2e70328
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Remote with Random Management Password

FYI I received this from support with regards to having a management account with random password- Unfortunately due to PI-005649 'Jamf Remote does not connect with a random 16 character password set for the mgmt. account' we will not be able to use ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro Screen sharing

Hi All, Just wanted to confirm if we have Casper remote (screen sharing) feature available in JAMF pro latest release. Also if there are any dependency or prerequisite to enable it. Thanks!!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote support when network is down

Hi all, We're supporting a bunch of people in remote offices and would like some sort of solution to allow us to troubleshoot when they're having network issues since normal remote desktop sort of options won't work then. I was thinking maybe some so...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Pharos sign up client issue

We are trying to deploy IMacs in our library and when we load the Pharos sign up client on a Jamf computer the user logs in and gets a black screen of nothing. Has anyone else been able to use Pharos sign up client with a Jamf computer? If so what st...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Remote into locked Mac

Hi Everyone, I have a remote office and someone has just left our company, we utilize Jamf with Apple's DEP. Is there a way for me to gain access to change the account password via Jamf Remote. Currently only local account available. It's a hassle an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remotely set time server

Hi all!New to the scene. This seems like an incredible support group. I've just proposed Jamf - we'll see how that goes. Anyway: The time server was manually set on systems in the environment I inherited. I have to correct it because the specific ser...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 1 kudos

Removing many Apps

Hi, I have a challenge removing many different applications (Applications from App Store and Third Party Tools). Can I create a blacklist and link it to a script? Unfortunately I am a script beginner. #!/bin/sh sudo rm -rf /Applications/Hotspot Shiel...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

kickstart command not working

I'm trying to add another user (user3) to ssh access, but for some reason when I run the kickstart command it still doesn't gain ssh access. can someone help tweak my command? /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resour...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Powershell scripts for Tomcat node management

With a large windows based environment it became necessary for me to figure out how to use powershell to automate some of my tasks. Here are three scripts that I use in my environment that someone else with a windows environment may find helpful. I r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remove all profiles using script with wildcard

Hello all, I'm cutting over from a previous MDM to Jamf. My previous MDM is not working so well right now, and so trying to unenroll/remove config profiles that are on all of my client Macs is proving very difficult. My idea was to create a policy th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote management - tips?

We're looking into remote management for our fleet of Macs. Mostly MBPs. Curious what you use in your environment. Apple Remote Desktop? TeamViewer? Jamf Remote? Any other software?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a cloud based remote access solution

One of the challenges that we often face is having a need to remotely access a workstation. Though Jamf offers this via Jamf Remote, its largest short coming is that it requires SSH access via a local network. So if your remote or in another office (...  View more

a2971d1a3c3249d6a05501d4e457ad6a eb0f1e2e48b14d6fbb2b1055434ec568 c238f5176225405eabc989ec48306cd4 bb5669ef0f314d47a9c550a5e270d9c9
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Screen Share not working on Remote Computers

We have screen share setup and it works flawlessly if the computers are on our internal network but I can't seem to get it to work at all if they are remote (i.e. working from home) I can see the systems on Jamf Remote and confirmed the IP's are corr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharing an instructor station's screen

Hi Folks, We have a need to share or cast an instructor's Mac workstation's screen to a visually impaired student's Mac. As it is, the instructor station is projecting, but the student cannot see the screen well. We are thinking of casting the instru...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

DMZ Jamf PRO server - revert access to GUI

Hello Everyone, i was wondering if there is a way to restore gui access to a server that i limited to computers and mobile devices only ? ( not full access ). i forgot to turn on clustering on that server and i need gui access. tried accessing it loc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Link ldap group to local admin group

I have an administrator group (eng) set up in JAMF managing our systems. Local Mac systems use the same 389DS system for login. How can I link the network admin group (eng) to the OSX systems so those users show up as 'admin network' accounts on logi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Connect to JSS via Casper Remote?

Casper Remote (version 9.99) can no longer connect to my JSS. I get the following error string at the Casper Remote splash screen: Connection error while connecting to https://my.jss.server.org:8443/:0 Check your network connection and try again (See...  View more

0474d02ce4ed4cc8a69e0496e0cc9ee3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels