Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

HP OpenView?

Does anyone know if there is an HP OpenView client/agent for macOS? Has anyone installed/used it in production?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Initiate Chat Script via Casper Remote

We have been moving away from Apple Remote Desktop in recent years and have been trying to use Casper Remote more often. We got to a point where we were only using ARD for its chat feature. I worked up a script that can be run from Casper Remote that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Sharing of the instructor's Mac to the classroom

Hello Everyone, I have been trying to find a way to do this, but maybe my searching and scouring of the internet was done using the wrong criteria. Do any of you know of a way to have a faculty member share their computer screen with an entire lab of...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Products for interactive show

Hi Jamf Nation! I am yet to become a consumer of Jamf products, but I'm excited about discovering which Jamf product(s) can best help me! I am in the process of putting together an interactive, educational music show that can be presented in highscho...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote will not SSH

Hey everyone. Been enrolling our existing stock of Macs, current enrollment doesn't actually call any other policies or install anything else. MOST of the machines can be managed with Casper Remote successfully, but a few absolutely refuse to ever co...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Wipe

I want to remote wipe about 20 computers. I find the computers in the JSS, go to the manage tab, select remote wipe and enter the code. So far so good. What I get on the other end is a computer sitting there waiting for me to physically enter the six...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote issues

I've got a Mac Mini that i use for package building and other things. Recently, when i use Casper Remote to run policies on a test machine it gets stuck on SSH authentication and goes no further. I've used Casper Remote on another machine, trying con...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with a DO loop scripyt

When it comes to scripting I'd say I'm mediocre compared to most folks so I need some help really nailing down a DO loop which I don't really use very often. Purpose of the script: We use ARD to remote into machines so we populate ARD Field #1 on our...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit access to port 5900?

The university I work for wants us to prevent port 5900 from being open to the world. I've been trying to understand how to implement network filtering by port, protocol, and address range. I'm getting confused. Can someone tell me how I can implemen...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote "Authentication failed"

I am trying to resolve an ongoing issue we have been having for some time where casper remote is not working in our environment. We are running JSS 9.96 and are experiencing this issue on all clients. When launching a Casper Remote session 9 times ou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage Enrollment Heaven

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been looking at lot of the JAMF discussions and man pages and other materials, trying to find a way to compile them into something that works for my environment. We are using DEP and have Pr...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper remote from Jamf cloud

Hi all, we would like to adopt casper remote for our IT teams to manage their macs.Our JSS is in the cloud and the IP addresses that the macs reports to JSS are private IP addresses. As they are private they are not reachable from the JSS in the clou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud Find My Mac through Casper.

Hi Guys, We are a school and we have around 500 Macs that we would like to be able to track them offsite.Anyone found a way to set up iCloud Find My Mac through Casper? Regards,MM  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage LittleSnitch rules in a Network

Is it possible to Manage LittleSnitch rules on computers on the network?For example i want to add LittleSnitch Rules on some MacBooks in the Network without go to every Laptop.How can I do that?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN blocking management commands?

We're just in the process of setting up our JSS and noticed something odd. Usually our Macs are on our wireless network and often they also have a VPN tunnel setup to our internal network. When sending a management command to one of these Macs, such ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PATH Variable with the $User variable

I have a script that has the the following variables ## Get User Name. loggedInUser=`/bin/ls -l /dev/console | /usr/bin/awk '{ print $3 }'` PATH1='/Users/$loggedInUser/path/to/folder/' Then it uses expect to pass the path to a SCP command. When passi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Write a script they! Run several policy id #s?

I need to create a script, but I haven't the faintest idea about creating scripts. I am inept at programming. What I need is a script that will run these policy id #s in sequence jamf policy -id 173jamf policy -id 174jamf policy -id 171jamf policy -i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD 3.9 only some of my macs working as expected

HiI updated to ARD 3.9, recovered from the "Client's need updating" and removed the keychain error (thanks to whomever came up with the kickstart command), however I am having problems connecting to many of the mac's I administer. I can see them in t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Support Without VPN!

Supporting remote users can be tricky. While it would be great if Casper Remote worked over the public web (I think that's a feature request) currently it does not. When we first adopted JAMF Pro, I hoped to be able to achieve this with Casper Remote...  View more

a652b0bcfdb44604afc60cf27cab0988
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels