Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restricted Software - false positives

Got a question around Restricted Software and false positives. So long story short I am restricting the ‘Install macOS Catalina’ and ‘osinstallersetupd’ but only to a smart group that does not have a specific version of our AV client installed. We ki...  View more

b7b694d65ed14513a0a4573aee69806e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent macOS upgrade from command line tools

Part of our monthly software update process, we have the mac's check Apple for any software updates. I use a script that I put together and part of that script runs the command: jamf runSoftwareUpdate -fromApple I know we can use Restricted Software ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Apps

We are working on restricting apps for users whose computers are non-compliant in our company. I tried restricting multiple apps using multiple asterisks (.app) but ended up force logging out of the computer with no popup message once the user logged...  View more

d180fa96a936432cbe2661cd78c24d57
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block iMessage/Facetime during school hours

Hi all We are trying to restrict students from using iMessage or FaceTime app during school hours. Is there any way to do it?I tried doing I through Computer/Restricted software. but that didn't really work.We are o JAMF Pro 10.9 Any help will be app...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Exploit

For those of you who wake up to Zoom Exploit news. You can set ZoomOpener.app as a Restricted Software. Kill ProcessRestrict to exact process nameKill Process. I would not recommend turning on Send Email or Message to the user.  View more

8901e851a56e4bb5a97b1b5e685d1957
  • 103 replies
  • 5 kudos

Restricted software by user group?

The Jamf Pro online manual at https://docs.jamf.com/10.6.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Restricted_Software.html seems to imply that the Restricted Software function can be scoped to operate on specific user groups. However I don't see that functiona...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Office 365 but allow Office 2016

Has anyone been able to block users from using Office 365 while still allowing users to install Office 2016? I've got a handful of users who want all the bells and whistles of 365 so they buy their own account and install. Our company is supposed to ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Antivirus that integrates with JAMF?

Hello I wanted to know if anyone was using a MAC av that integrates with JAMF As you know MS is dropping SEP; I'm looking to see what other people are integrating and using. Does JAMF have a AV or vendor that they fully support? Could people share if...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Allow Find My Mac, but Disable rest of iCloud.

I looked through the iCloud discussion section and didn't exactly find an answer to my question. I want to enable iCloud for the sole purpose of allowing Find My Mac, but I do not want any of other features to allow any files to be backed up to iClou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Inconsistent behavior with software restriction

When Mojave was released, we learned that our anti-virus software would prevent a Mojave system from booting, and they weren't going to have a patch released until late October. So, I created a software restriction to block the osinstallersetupd proc...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Avecto Defendpoint v.5.2

I am trying to set up Defendpoint and cannot find where to put the .xml file. The documentation says /etc/pguard/ but that directory does not exist. I don't have access to the latest documentation and I can't find anything online. I did find /etc/def...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Fortnite and Epic Games Launcher

Hi all, Would love some help in making a Restricted Profile or other method for stopping my students from opening the Epic Games Launcher. I'm hoping to put an end to Fortnite on our school owned machines. Many thanks! Brenton  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to block Skype AND Web Skype?

Hey Folks, CEO has a raging paranoia about Skype being used for nefarious purposes, so I have been tasked with using our MDM to block it from our users on company devices. I already setup a policy about forbidding the Skype.app if installed onto mach...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application WhiteList tool experiences?

Anybody care to share their experiences with application WhiteListing tools? I've been asked to investigate what's available in that arena, and two tools that were specifically mentioned are Google's open source Santa project, and Avecto's Defendpoin...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restrictions based on Battery or AC Power

Has anyone created a rule based on a portable computer being plugged in or using battery. I'm trying to see if I could restrict software from running only if the device is on battery power. I'd be interested in stopping students from playing games wh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disallow Apple Music on iOS not working?

I've been tasked with blocking Music and related apps on a student iPad. I threw together a restriction profile with "Allow Apple Music" unchecked under iOS Functionality as well as Music, Spotify, and Pandora added to Restrict App Usage under the iO...  View more

4e37330d26f747e7888c10063736ca0e
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Circumventing Restricted Apps via Sideloading

tl;dr: student circumvented Jamf Pro to install App Store alternative... how? In the high-school I'm at, we have restricted the App Store for some students and predictably they seem to have found a way around it and are installing apps like Minecraft...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Restriction Message Links Question

Good afternoon all, Just a quick question: Has anyone tried to put a mailto link or anything similar into the Software Restriction Message in JSS for users to click? With the roll out of High Sierra, we are currently going to block the install initia...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Timed Restrictions on Macs

Just putting this here for feedback, and for people to use if needed We have about 1600 student macs in use, and there are a few kids who will play games in class/message friends/get distracted basically. Sometimes, a configuration profiles is okay, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Mail keeps trying to run on Sierra?

As we've got new Macs coming in this summer and they can't accept anything lower than Sierra, I'm now working on setting up a Sierra software configuration. One of the things we have set up on our JSS is that the Apple Mail.app is blocked using Restr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted Software / Blacklisted apps fix

Looking for input from fellow jamfers. I have found a handful of machines that have not been getting the latest .blacklist file for Apps. This file should be updated with the creation or removal of record in the Restricted Software. In not wanting to...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exclusions in Restricted software

So I have noticed that when using restricted software records in JSS on computers, the exclusions can be a bit "buggy".When you apply a restriction to an application, like Chrome, to all devices, once every device has applied the record, when trying ...  View more

2fe389901f0a40c89b601174e52c6fe1
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels