Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

JAMF JSS iPads passcode LAPS

Hello, It seems like there is no such integrated feature on JSS for iPads and I could not find anything so far, anybody has any ideas if there is something like that available? Or even if it is possible? Basically the idea is to reset the iPad's pass...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

End User Security Profiles and Settings

I posted this on the general discussion board earlier today but then I discovered this new community and I feel like it fits better here since we are all in the education world. I am wanting to improve our end user security within our school district...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

issues with Skype 8.60 and system private key

Hello After the autoupdate to Skype 8.60, i have users getting an prompt to imput local admin credentials whenever they start Skype.After some investigation, i concluded that skype wants access to a private key in the SYSTEM keychain, and the problem...  View more

a81e9e34511f47728e909ddb43083f2e 49f626d9cc33459e93e1938522488452 9d4eab98986d485592fb1331663ecaf8
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac startup key combinations not working

Hello all! New to the community here and I am glad to have read through some of the post here to see how helpful and knowledgeable the members are. I recently purchased a bulk of A1990 Macbook Pro's from an auction from a company that went under. I w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

T2 chip smart group

I am trying to create a report for a security audit coming up. When looking at the filevault status on t2 computers its showing as not encrypted. However when you look at the computers it is showing filevault is enabled. From my understanding, comput...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfing for Joy: Attacking macOS in Enterprise

https://labs.f-secure.com/blog/jamfing-for-joy-attacking-macos-in-enterprise/ Just a small portion of the blog post by F-Secure which talks about the popular workaround that Jamf admins use to obscure passwords: https://github.com/jamf/Encrypted-Scri...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 14 kudos

Zscaler help

My security dept. want to implement Zscaler on our Mac's to secure the VPN tunneling. So I have the workflow to install it but now they are coming back wanting me to disable IP V6 on the Mac's. I checked with Apple and Apple says that not a good idea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

CIS Apple macOS 10.15 Benchmark

Hi!!! For your information, finally we have the new versions for macOS 10.14 and 10.15 https://www.cisecurity.org/benchmark/apple_os/ I contacted with CIS and they are already working to include the new xml benchmark under CIS CAT tool  View more

• 11 replies
  • 7 kudos

Endpoint Security

I'm just wondering what endpoint security you all have on the Macs in your environment. With a lot more people working from home we have iMacs and MacBooks checked out all over. Some are working from their local computers, others VPN, and others use ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Mobile Account into Admin

Hi All Probably a question asked in many different ways. All the Macs in our environment are bound to AD & logged in as Mobile Accounts.Is there a script without logging in as admins to make that that end user as an admin? If so any solutions would b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation lock MacBook A1990 EMC 3215

Hi bro I have problem with activation lock ....I get this machine from eBay....the owner send me machine locked when I try to contact him ...he said ...I not lock this machine....after fees days not reply me...anyone can help me to activate this mach...  View more

906e01df6db2444d879dfb4aa7d71c6c
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict App Store Apps

I'm looking for a way to restrict what our users install in the App Store. I don't want to disable it, just limit to "work-related" apps. Their Apple IDs are not managed, they use their own.Is this possible?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Images in Classroom and Schoolwork

I have a working test system to add the user images to Apple Classroom, however SSL configuration is new to me and as regards photos of students security is very important.Is a self signed cert on the server hosting the photos secure enough?The photo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD password requirements prompt

So, I am pretty sure the answer is no, but is there any means to prompt a user with the list of password requirements when they are changing an AD account password? I see it works for local accounted based on our password profile deployed to the mach...  View more

32dab1d34c104b989f6e6d3c418a1092
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feedback Wanted - McAfee ENS for Mac product survey

If your are a Mac admin who deploys McAfee products, a security person who administers McAfee products, or a user who runs McAfee products, the McAfee ENS for Mac product team wants to hear from you! The team is running a survey and you can submit yo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable SSH on devices

Hey, there are some machines that have SSH enabled with the following Startup Configuration: Now I am looking for a way to disable it. I found the following script: sudo systemsetup -f -setremotelogin off Will disabling SSH interfere with anything re...  View more

d435a4ca546742bea3d07ac64ccce264
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firewall management methodology

Hello! We currently do not enforce the firewall on macOS but will be doing so shortly. A few questions. 1. What is the industry trend? I assume it’s locking down ALF with a configuration profile and not with PF. If ALF, what is the best method to man...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Bootstrap Token

I just upgraded to 10.18 on-prem. I can't find much info on Bootstrap Tokens in the documentation. Anyone here know how to turn it on/use it? I tried running profiles install -type bootstraptoken on my own test machine but I get an error saying profi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels