Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

CyberArk EPM Deployment

Hey there - does anyone else use CyberArk EPM (end point management) to manage admin rights and third party app installations more easily? We're beginning to roll out a test bed in my company, and I'm working on the mac deployment. CyberArk provides ...  View more

• 46 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues installing Office 365 form Self Service

Is anyone else having issues with installing Office 365 from Self Service? Basically, Office apps are failing to start, kinda randomly. It seems to work on most of my test boxes but then fails on user machines. I did get one of my test boxes finally....  View more

d917a397843d47d38bcaff53c74c7ea5 6f4e537b33374b25a23411a288424eeb
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages won't install

I am new to Jamf and i have noticed that some packages aren't getting installed. Some are updates like CHromeFFAdobe Reader. Some are actual software like Google Earth and BBedit. Instead of them going into Applications, they are being placed in the ...  View more

1e74752d22ea48a4ab7386015e3dd420
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina upgrade issues

We are attempting to create a policy in self service that performs an upgrade. We use the macOSUpgrade.sh. After downloading the needed files, we get a "We were unable to prepare your computer for macOS Catalina: error (see attached). Our machines ar...  View more

61ab788163534393abb26b723dffe94b
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Workspace SSO

Has anyone been able to get SSO working with the Citrix Workspace application? On windows you can do something like "CitrixReceiverPlusRTME.exe /silent /INCLUDESSON" to make sure SSO is enabled. I'd like for after a deployment of it that a user click...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling OpenVPN Connect Client

The installation package for Open VPN Connect Client does not uninstall the previous version. I am looking for a way to uninstall the old version; is there a way to accomplish this other than running an rm -f command? Notes:I tried the instructions h...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Wireshark

Hi all,I'd like to have this available in Self Service. When I try it the way I have some applications set up, it just drops the DMG contents into the "/" directory. The DMG for Wireshark contains additional packages for ChmodBPF, so do I need to add...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

PaperCut and Jamf issue

I'm new to jamf. Just finished up our MacOS jumpstart, and i am having issues with trying to get PaperCut client (with the Launch Agent) installed and working. I used composer to build the package to place the plist file in /Library/LaunchAgents/ and...  View more

1d2007da7b8c4107be4e95d1a350e100 80447abab4604ee8acea707fb4e3bb5a
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive App / iOS Files

Hey everyone, I hope you've managed to stay safe during these strange times. I've not found any evidence, so not hopeful it's possible, but does anyone know if you can deploy the iOS OneDrive app and have it automatically show in the iOS files app?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Airserver Deployment and Preferences

Just sharing basic methods for getting AirServer deployed that I ran into today...1. Download the latest DMG from AirServer2. Open the DMG and accept the EULA, then drag the App to your Applications folder (don't open it yet)3. Drag the App in your A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Can't register Balsamiq Wireframes with Jamf

If I install Balsamiq on a MAC via Jamf Pro and execute the command local on the MAC in the terminal:/Applications/Balsamiq Wireframes.app/Contents/MacOS/Balsamiq Wireframes --register "KEY" then Balsamiq Wireframes is registered and I see that it ex...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud 9.0.0f82

Has anyone been able to successfully install "Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud 9.0.0f82" via JAMF? I've tried everything I can think of using the manufacturers package as well as repackaging with Composer, but the install continues to fail. Below i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading Pulse Secure While Remote

We are trying to upgrade our Mac's to a newer version of Pulse Secure while they are remote. Going from version 5.1.5 to 9.1x Challenges we are facing are that the clients are mostly all remote and using the VPN connection and we are still using JAMF...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advice on making app deployment faster

So here is my situation, I am in Education with Covid-19 we have been doing our 'Summer Maintenance' early. However, I don't have the extra help I have enjoyed in the past (2 summer students) therefore I have been doing more work getting Computer Car...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Symantec Management Agent (Altiris)

I'm trying to deploy a package via jamf cloud to install the Symantec Management Agent on machines. This is not SEP The file from the server downloads as a zip, with a .pkg and additional resources folder I understand these need to be put into a DMG ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP TechPulse/DaaS

Does anybody use this software, or have any experience deploying it via Jamf? I'm particularly interested in automatically setting the user ID and company PIN etc., as well as disabling the 'Quit' button if possible.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

repackaged applications not installing manually

With 10.15.4 we're finding some of our apps needed updating. I've been repackaging some of those via composer and we're finding that they install fine through jamf, but the vast majority of the environment isn't enrolled into jamf yet and we need to ...  View more

0ba8dfb6d17746fb8bf2ceee06d16154
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allowing any size app downloads over cellular?

Is there a way to set a config profile to allow any size app be downloaded over cellular? They finally added the option in iOS 13 under Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> App Downloads. Reason being is I have users who are drivers and never are on WiF...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom schema for munki

For everybody using Munki with Jamf here is a schema for it. It borrows heavily form the manifest made by the guys from the ProfileCreator Github. It only misses references to their Github and version hints { "$schema": "http://json-schema.org/schema...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autodesk Helper tool 2020 apps

Autodesk has some changes with silent install of its 2020 apps. I am attempting to install AutoCAD 2020 and have not been able to use the old methodology of silently installing 2020 version like I did the older ones because of this new switch. Now we...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local software distribution point hardware

I was having a discussion recently with a co-worker about some information he had read somewhere indicating that some SSDs in certain hardware were ill-suited to be used as a software distribution point in Jamf, especially for use in a situation like...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome - GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle

Hello, we deploy Google Chrome and we have an issue with the browser update. When a user try to open the browser and try to upgrade (or when the browser try to update itself), the following promt prevent the update:"GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle is an ...  View more

176b3e26e484462ca3cce800bd4c337b 156fdf760957420eadee2a5851f4a2db
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels