Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

VMware Horizon .inetloc Dock Item Not Working

I have created a .inetloc shortcut to launch a specific pool within our VDI environment that I pushed to /Users/Shared and then have created a Configuration Profile to add this file to the Dock of a set of lab computers. The dock item is created with...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Update Mac Apps VPP

Just wondering if anyone is having issues pushing out apps using VPP at the moment or if anyone has seen the issues I am having: Currently using VPP to push out apps, scoped to a static group of lab machinesDistribution method set to Install automati...  View more

30256d88a00f4a26b5638da848bac815
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Content not populating

Two applications (Logic Pro X and LogicWorks) have been purchased through the VPP site. However when I "populate" them into our JSS, no VPP information comes through. It works as expected for other free and for fee applications , but not Logic Pro X ...  View more

d0e5c9dae59c4b5c969f51e7f5b51d06
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Update 15.25.0

Hi all! I was going to test the update for 15.25 before sending it out to production. I found 2 sites that have the installers, but wasn't sure which one to use or if either one will work. I want to say that the first link has the installers separate...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive and VPP

Hi All,I'm working on getting OneDrive installed for our 10.11 users and was curious if anybody has done this recently. I'm worried about a few things: 1. This has been available in the App Store for awhile and a not insignificant number of users hav...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying VPP Mac App Store Apps via JAMF

Im starting to experiment with deployiong/assigning (free) Mac App Store apps to computers. Im currently scoping a few apps to my 10.11-based IT Dept Macs for testing. My plan is to leverage VPP/MAS/JAMF for a few free common apps such as Microsoft O...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing Brew and then (hopefully) GCC using Brew

Hello JN, I just got an 11th hour request for TeXshop, GCC, and Brew to be installed in one of our labs (classes start today). I was able to package TeXShop just fine using Composer. As for Brew/GCC, I thought it would be as simple as creating a shel...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paper cut and El Capitan

Hi Folks, A quick concern that I have just run into. I see that Papercut 15.2 IS compatible with El Capitan. We are on version 15.1. A year or so ago I had downloaded a paper cut script to unpause the printers for Yosemite. My bad as it didn't occur ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Office 365 shared computer activation?

Has anyone had any luck with installing & licensing Office 365 on shared/common Macs? Most of my Macs are deployed 1-to-1, but we have a few Macs that are shared/common. These Macs still have 2011 volume or retail licenses. Im going to transition the...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduling task after office hours

Hello People,Where can i find documentation about scheduling jobs after office hours.so that the computers start at let say 22:00, get their updates and go down again.Not from sleep mode, but from shutdown state. So just looking for a strategy to pul...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9807)

Everything appears to be working find with the JSS and the clients but if we run sudo jamf policy or sudo jamf recon in Terminal, we see the error: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9807).  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP to the device and VPP to the user transition bug?

I have a bug plaguing my environment which needs a resolution. In an environment where I shouldn't have to touch devices, (once there configured), I have never been so busy. From my observations, it would appear users who have been previously VPP inv...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange timing issue in JSS 9.93?

Hi Folks, We are on JSS 9.93 and have a client side limitation enabled. Policies are set to NOT run between 7 AM and 10 PM. Looking at logs overnight, a lot of computers are in the pending state. However now, I am seeing computers showing up in the l...  View more

c00831af9200437ba0f13d12290ba4e7
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox and company certs (again)

I have completely given up on trying to use CCK2 to configure Firefox. The directions are vague and the author admits that it doesn't work with the Mac version any more. The major problem is that we have company CAs that are already imported into the...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Disabling Adobe Document Cloud on Adobe Reader

There is some concern in our organization regarding Adobe Document Cloud and the decision has been made to disable the functionality in both Reader and Acrobat DC. The Windows version of the Acrobat Customization Wizard allows you to customize Reader...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Apple ID?

This may be a silly question, but if I'm assigning apps (both iPad and MacBook Air) to a device instead of a user, do I even need to have an Apple ID on each device?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP ColorSync Profile missing using Printer deployment

Hello All, I have an odd issue with deploying printers and colors not matching on the print. When i deploy an HP Printer via self service (HP Color Laserjet 2025dn), the ColorSync Profile appears to be missing which is causing the colors to be off. W...  View more

e5e9f5c9f8d04343973bab1f0b30c2a9
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Expected behavior of Deferral Policies

In our client's environment, we mange 7 business units that approve Changes at different times. Between the 7 business units, we may have as much as 6 weeks between deployment start dates for the same policy. This is causing us some problems when usi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL batch command to run a nightly clean up?

Is there any way of setting up a batch command, to do the following nightly task?:i was looking at the mysql command line client, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to run with load with root privileges? use jamfsoftware;DELETE FROM jamfsoftware.mo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue Deploying Adobe CS6 Design Standard Package

I am receiving the following error when deploying the following package: Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Adobe Setup installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shell script with "-i" as input parameter

Hi, I've search through discussion and haven't found any similar question yet. I've been given a shell script install.sh, which runs a McAfee EPM install. In order to run it, it needs eitherinstall.sh -i (i for install)install.sh -u (u for uninstall)...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service failing on Network Accounts

We are having trouble this year with our Self Service. We upgrade to JSS 9.92. When we log in as local admin user, we can install packages using self service. ut when we log in as a network user, Self Service opens, but is failing to install package....  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer - What to do with Users directory?

Hi, I'm using Composer more and more now to get software packaging image. When I do a snapshot, then install an application, then do a second snapshot, sometime (most of the time) there are changes in Users/ directory. Because the directory is under ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels