Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

VMWare Fusion 12.x

Has anybody run into problems with DEP and VMware fusion since going to 12.x? All my new/linked clone VMs seem to work during the setup wizard (meaning it says this device is controlled by the company, blah blah), but by the time it gets to the login...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac M1 Java and iSeries TN5250j

I know I am pushing the envelope here but was wondering if a fellow admin (maybe from IBM) can point me to a working solution for the TN5250j emulator and working Java version. Our ERP system is iSeries based and I rely heavily on my day-to-day tasks...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

rsync changing ownership

I resurrected an old script. I have it all working in Catalina but when I go to view owners it seems that they are all reset to the local admin rather than the the source's owner. From what I can tell, the arguments are correct to not change them. An...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Indesign plugin only shows through local admin account

Got an odd problem, we deployed an indesign 2020 plugin to some machines. They show up when we launch InD 2020 from the local admin account, but not when we log in with the user. We've propagated permissions from the folder, changed owner to the user...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Update

A standalone, post-post-install script to (hopefully) update Sophos and detect false-positive installation results Background While deploying a recent Sophos EDR pilot, creating a custom installer package with a minimal post-install script a close as...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS update blocked even after removing jamf

Departing employees have the option to buy their computer equipment at a fraction of the cost. Our offboarding process includes removing JAMF and leaving a user account as an admin. We recently got a message stating that the user cannot upgrade their...  View more

7a6792e1b3c14733a386425a11d9da1e
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pegasus External drives not mountable

A lot of our distribution points have the Pegasus external desktop attached storage units attached to them housing our jamf shares. When I try to replicate the DP, Jamf Admin always returns that the server couldn't be mounted. When I ARD into the mac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Teams not showing under screen recording

I was just working with a user who was trying to share her screen with MS Teams, but whenever she tried she would get the security notice that Screen Sharing needs to be enabled. So we click the direct link within teams to open System Preferences, MS...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV Locking users out

We've been experiencing an increasing number of users reporting that when they power on/reboot their machines, FV does not take their passwords and eventually locks them out, requiring them to reset their PW with the recovery key... or in nearly ever...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using File Modification Dates as Version Numbers

Background Inspired by John Eberle's, Louise Radifera's and Alex Smith's presentation "Supplementing Jamf's reporting with MunkiReport (JNUC305)" at JNUC 2020, we're now test-driving MunkiReport 5.6.3.4224. After learning the hard way that a new clie...  View more

50c9edc48ad041fb8e48a69dbd0562b1 440ee95c1298469c9e4ba20191d1b824
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way to see...

Is there a way to see what policies are attached to what smart/static groups? For instance, I thought there a way that you could click on delete on a smart group and it would say if you delete this group, XYZ policy(s) would be affected? However, whe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV unable to signin

This is more a PSA than wanting help. I've just had a user come up who was unable to sign into her Apple ID in the new Apple TV app. The "Account" menu wasn't visable in the tool bar, upon looking at the app's preferences under restrictions I found d...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

config profile for suitcase fusion?

Is it possible to pre-set preferences for suitcase fusion? For example, disabling update checking, data and privacy sharing, disable the fonts vault (default to original location), and setting 3rd party plugins so the users don't need admin to enable...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AddPrinter is trying to modify the printer settings

We've been using a command to allow non-admins to add printers and its worked in older OS's but now we're running into Catalina machines where the lock for adding printers is unlocked, they click add on their Airplay/bonjour/etc printer and it prompt...  View more

1c06e003fa3245cb9847ded8c6e49113
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Work WiFi Troubleshooting

Hello,I'm wondering with more and more people having to work from home these days, how your support departments are handling requirements and troubleshooting of company equipment on home wireless networks? Specifically, say a user is complaining of s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

temp admin rights not recognized

We've been using a temp admin setup in self service for a while, it's not perfect, but it's seemed to have worked fine. Recently however, we're finding that if users elevate through the self service policy, that some of them need to fully quit the ap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom and color of the classes

Hello. I've had one of our tech staff, of which I am part of, ask me if there is a way to change the color of the individual classes. Right now some of our Specials teachers have maybe 10 to 12 classes and the only way to tell them apart is looking a...  View more

ffcbf29556c84fe3889a4099662bbb26 5260488c1e444579854a2bc178a6928b
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Screensaver

Hi All, I have tried to set a custom screen saver from using a script from a previous post. lHere. but have had no luck. I had added the script as a post install on the package to drop the screen saver on a Mojave & Catalina machineThe custom Image a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Locking Contents of Dock

I'm running this script from a policy in Jamf. #!/bin/sh defaults write com.apple.Dock contents-immutable -bool true; killall Dock It does not do anything. However, if I run it locally from Terminal, works like a charm. Any thoughts? What I am doing ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Code42 CrashPlan Extension Attributes v8.2 + 2020

Working on revamping all the EAs for Code42 CrashPlan to be compatible in 2020 version 8.2+ @jamf is there a way we can get the CrashPlan (now Code42) Templates all updated with these revised EAs? I will be updating this post in the next 24-48 hours ...  View more

c5796c29f6e544b9b66e01b76f032252
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Deploy Adobe Connect

We had a request to deploy adobe connect, but the installer is a DMG and .app file, has anybody gotten an install method for it? looks like there's a script in the .app package, but I don't see any instructions anywhere on how to do it on the Mac.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to generate software reports

Our asset management dept is asking how to get reports of software installed on machines. I can output an applications list, but it's WAY too detailed, meaning minor versions are all listed separately per device which makes it way too complicated to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

migration assistant in a jamf / mdm world

I've never been a fan of using migration assistant for anything, not for any particular reason, I just have it in my head that any kind of migration from the old system is going to bring with it any problems to the new system. Not to mention, I see t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Software Updates with jamf delay options

Our current script works pretty well, but it doesn't work with the updates that require a shutdown instead of a reboot. With Jamf Pro now supporting policy deferrals, has anybody looked into any scripts to display the list of available updates to the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

easiest way to remove Apple's preinstalled Apps

We've ben finding that Apple's pre-loaded apps (Numbers, Pages, garage band, etc) are flagging as having updates, despite the App Store being locked down and the machine's enrolled in DEP. What's the easiest way to remove those preinstalled apps so t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD CS with AEG CA and JAMF Pro Tip

A tip for getting this to work is to ensure that there are no hyphens in the AD cert template name in the MDM profile. Otherwise the CA will be asked for a template name truncated at the first hyphen (minus sign). This applies equally to an AD Cert M...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels