Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Outlook 16.37 Google Mail and Catalina

Had the oddest thing happen a 2 weeks ago. We always tell our users to use Chrome for Google Apps, Email, Contact, Calendar as it is the most reliable method but some users due to their workflow really want Outlook. I have caved for some of the users...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

COVID woes, close labs, disable logons from Jamf?

Hi folks, I work at a university and part of our plan for returning students during COVID is to limit the amount of available Mac hardware in our computer labs. Sort of a "every other mac is available" sort of plan. However, we would like to somehow ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to script Unix Executable that requires input?

I have a uninstaller that is a Unix executable but it prompts for confirmation. Do you wish to continue (yes/no)? So when I have a script call the executable it just hangs forever, how can I script it so the uninstaller runs correctly? I've tried sud...  View more

0ca028f22233463097df5a76c77d938a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Extension Attribute Based on Site

I had a use case that it would have been extremely nice to be able to use an advanced search or smart group to be able to gather data about computers in specific sites. However sites aren't meant to be scope-able per Jamf, and that really made my lif...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 4 kudos

Prompt User to Enable Screen Recording TCC

Background: As many of you may be aware, the Screen Recording option can only be enable by a physical user on a Mac. To manage this limitation set by Apple, I have created this workflow to prompt users to enable the Screen Recording option for the re...  View more

115d76bb44dc4193aaeb0b15f1ec73b7 ef6db43b057c4186ae6d9a44664b6901
  • 23 replies
  • 12 kudos

firefox no entry sign

For a while now we've been seeing the no entry sign in Firefox, both when using one of the auto-update scripts or when I install through AutoPKGr. Any thoughts of what could be wrong?  View more

fd35f8d3ff444fea9e248b2ab20c0694
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

One-to-One Feedback

Hey all,We are exploring a full one to one solution (and have been for some time) and I was looking for feedback. Do you currently have a one to one and if so is it with different devices for different grade levels? What was the hardest part of rolli...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Patch Management Tutorial

Hello, Is there any plan to create a patch management video tutorial? I can't seem to find it in the training catalogs. I reviewed the Jamf Administrator documentation, but having a demonstration or best practices would be nice!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Unify Your macOS Terminal Command History

I'm embarrassed to not have known this until now, but, the joy in the discovery outweighs the pain of embarrassment, so, here goes. How do you feel about having your Terminal history split into unique sessions in the .bash_sessions or .zsh_sessions f...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

Using MUT for user-creation without LDAP

Hi guys! I'm trying to work out an issue I've got with a jamf cloud instance. To complicate things; we're not using LDAP. And we have set up the prestage enrollment on iPads to auth using Azure identity. This step goes through, and we get a user crea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM / Release / Wipe - Remote

Hello! We are K-12 and allow our senior class to purchase their MacBook Air at the end of the year. We are attempting to allow this process with zero touch from our tech staff. Has anyone already mastered removing firmware, ASM, DEP, wipe and restore...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block SSID/Mock bad SSID

Hello Everyone, Looking to mock a SSID with a bad password to prevent users from connecting to an open network. Does anyone have advice for achieving this via network profiles?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

zoom updates in patch management?

In the past we've had apps not registering updates in jamf patch management (Cloud JSS). Our last Zoom patch level is showing it's 4.6.9 (4.6.11 is out)... Before I open a ticket with jamf I wanted to know if 4.6.10 or 11 was showing...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where do I get HP Printer Drivers to download?

You can get HP printer drivers to download from the HP site. It consists of a simple process, and here we will give you line by line guidance for you to start downloading.• To start with HP Printer Driver Download, at first, you have to reach the HP ...  View more

89393454578e43ff8dd3fe51f3e287a5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

uninstall zoom outlook plugin?

I've been looking for a way to silently uninstall the zoom outlook plugin but everything I see is just running the uninstall.app. Is that the only viable option (remote connect and uninstall) or is there a better way to do it?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

repackaged applications not installing manually

With 10.15.4 we're finding some of our apps needed updating. I've been repackaging some of those via composer and we're finding that they install fine through jamf, but the vast majority of the environment isn't enrolled into jamf yet and we need to ...  View more

0ba8dfb6d17746fb8bf2ceee06d16154
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to sync Azure LDAP Groups/ Users

Hey, I hope you are doing well at this time. I'm configuring/ testing Azure LDAP services to Jamf Pro. It works but I have a few questions to receive some background information and to finalize the configuration. 1) I created a new Security Group on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Notify launch Self Service

We have 3 main builds we use in our environment, all with their own specific VPN/AV/extra apps. To account for these differences, I just created 3 different Self Service policies that will install the required applications. Using DEP notify and the j...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMac users and social distancing

Curious how others are handling the social distancing for the creatives that only use higher end iMacs to do their work. MyConcern is the vpn+vnc+large file sizes and the color reproduction+fine movements won’t come through/overload the Remote Deskto...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

tvOS Joyn App

Hello everybody, Does anybody know how to block the native tvOS App "Joyn" or "Joyn - Deine Streming App"? Which bundle id do I need?Especially for the germans this would be very helpful ;-)Thanks for answers  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

remove a specific manually installed configprofile

We have a config profile that we installed manually, either by double clicking to install or through a pkg file that ran a profiles CLI to install.Now we need to remove that profile and push down a new one through jamf. what's the easiest method to d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for Rapid 7?

Does anybody have a way to look for Rapid 7 and it's version? it doesn't seem to put anything in the /Applications folder.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels