Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Papercut printer drivers

We just started using Papercut for our printers. At this same time, we purchased all new HP printers. I used the Papercut article for mapping the printers to our iMacs https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/UseJamfProToDeployPrintersOnManagedMacOSDevicesTh...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Apps

We are working on restricting apps for users whose computers are non-compliant in our company. I tried restricting multiple apps using multiple asterisks (.app) but ended up force logging out of the computer with no popup message once the user logged...  View more

d180fa96a936432cbe2661cd78c24d57
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Konica User Authentication Scripting

I have a script that I have set up that installs a specific Konica copier for our faculty and sets the proper page handling settings for them. The problem that I am running into is that many of these faculty need to authenticate in order to print. I ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auditing Admin Actions

Does anyone know of a way to monitor admin actions. Like, when an admin account is created, or when you have to authenticate as an admin to do something?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nomad and fast user switching

We have several lab machines. When setting upo a configuration to incorporate fast user switching or a timer to auto log of someone, I can log in as a local admin however any AD accounts which would normally create a local account cannot log in. They...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applescript assistance for self service

Hi all, I'm trying to get applescript to open terminal as the logged in user, ask for credentials for sudo, switch to the working directory and then run a shell script. I've been working on it for 3 days and still no closer to getting it working. I h...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Return true if printers installed

We are trying to push out a script that deletes all printers. That part of it works just fine. We use the following: # Get all printers and remove them # Log printer names echo "Removing all printers..." for printer in `lpstat -p | awk '{print $2}'` ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to delete inactive accounts on computers

Hello everyone, I need help to create a new script and employ on my work. Can you help me? I need a script that removes a user account from all computers if the user has inactivity for maybe 30 days.I search about this task and only find removing fro...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud test enviornment

Hello World! So from my research I am not sure this is a thing, but I am looking to spin up a test instance through Jamf Cloud for test and training purposes. I am not looking for a trial addition, and we are already using Jamf Pro. Let me know if th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest Account usage questions and examples.

Hey All, I am attempting to set up a few terminal machines throughout the building using the Guest account. Scenario: 3 iMacs with standard software, Adobe and Font software. Users will use these computers as opposed to issuing licenses for the small...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zero Touch Me

Hey Guys, Are any of you doing zero touch and I mean completely zero touch.What are you doing for Filevault encryption? Currently we have our IT team receive and setup the machine then deliver the machine and wait for user, we unlock the drive and se...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Granular Privileges for App Manager accounts

Hi all, I would like to give teachers the ability to edit the scope of a mobile app for ipads assigned to their site, but not give them the ability to change how the app is configured. In other words, allow them to change items in the "Scope" tab, bu...  View more

cb4c2e0ffcc64b859775609f335912f3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF API '{key}' values.

Hello, Is anyone aware of the values for 'jamf-pro-user-account-settings'? Found here. https://developer.jamf.com/#/jamf-pro-user-account-settings/get_user_obj_preference__key_ Thank you.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking non-secure Wifi networks

I was wondering if anyone out there has has a project with restrictions for devices to connect to Wifi networks? I would love to set a minimum requirement security level so that our users do not just go around connecting to any wifi that is out there...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Parent

Hi, Are there thoughts of pushing Jamf Parent to macOS devices as well?I think a lot of parents at my school would like the ability to restrict student BYOD devices for their children.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

RedGiant Plugins Usage

Hi Everyone, We use the Adobe products and some packs of plugins with it.We are using Red Giant Suites with a Floating license server where we can see which suite is in use.I need to know if there is a way to see in JAMF which suite is in use and how...  View more

687cccfc41aa46fe8a569cb4243e2f5f
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bind to AD and use Nomad

I'm about to deploy a new lab and will bind the machines to AD so students can login with their accounts. With faculty and staff we use Nomad Login and Nomad for UnBound account creation and sync. I'm trying to figure out if there would be any advant...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Box Drive 2.8.186 and El Capitan 10.11.6

Does anyone knwo if Box drive version 2.8.186 is compatible with el captain 10.11.6? I am working with some users of a new acquired company and they use box. Unfortunately it does not seem to be working on El Capitan 10.11.6, but did on other version...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

eduroam configuration profile

I've been playing around with deploying a eduroam profile for our university wireless network. I've downloaded our university profile from here: https://cat.eduroam.org and then uploaded it to jamf. The profile contains settings for the wireless netw...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporarily disable or remove Mac Applications

Hello all, I'm searching for a solution where Jamf IT Managers can temporarily disable the use of certain Mac Applications. Ideally with a schedule option where time/date can be set for the App to being available, or a "disable for 24 hours" option o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run an audit report

I would like to/need to be able to run a report that shows actions seen in the audit logs. In this case, I need a list of times I have run the "Issued Wipe Computer Command" on what devices. I can see this both in the audit log and in the change mana...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels