Jamf Connect Login and black screen

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor II

I have setup Jamf Connect with Azure and after I type in my creds with Azure I get a black screen fro about 3-5mins. Is this normal using the newest version just released this week.

Read My Blog: https://www.ericsontech.com
9 REPLIES 9

joshuaaclark
Contributor

I am having this issue on one of my testers. Running Jamf Connect 2.3.1 with Azure. This happens on a low performing Macbook 2017 tester.

Matt_Ellis
Contributor II

I have the same issue with all 10 of my test users, but I use Okta. I have an open case with JAMF on this issue right now, I would suggest you open one as well.

ninxsoft
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Similar behaviour in our environment.

Jamf Connect 2.3.1 + Okta = black screen after login for approx. 30-45 seconds, then finally the session reaches the desktop.

Interestingly, we do have CrowdStrike installed and configured to run in prevention mode. When CrowdStrike is configured to run in detection mode only, the login is much quicker and the screen does not go black / blank.

Is anyone else running CrowdStrike / EDR in their environment?

vinu_thankachan
Contributor

In our environment, we are using Jamf connect 2.3.2 +Azure+ADFS .After login 20-30 seconds to reach the desktop

Jason33
Contributor III

Very same behavior on my test systems, Jamf Connect 2.3.1 +Azure, its blank with cursor for ~20 or so seconds before moving to the desktop, and then menu bar/desktop items/dock launch rather slowly. Same behavior in macOS Catalina and Big Sur (really bothers me that the status bar works in Big Sur, but is stuck in Catalina). We only just purchased Jamf Connect a month ago so I'm still in my beta testing before rolling it out to a test group, but this early behavior makes me second guess our purchase.

ckulesza
New Contributor III

@Jason33 WE are in the same boat as you but my problems are worse... The Jamf Connect Login window literally breaks and you cannot login period. I lost 2 machines last week because of it. It works fine without the Connect window but I doubt my companies InfoSec team is going to like it that way... I have escalated my issue to an engineer that I have a meeting with today.

Matt_Ellis
Contributor II

I was told the black screen just is what it is. something to do with the login process on macOS. Not very happy with it as I'm afraid my users will think it frozen and force shut down their machine. Overall I like JAMF Connect but this isn't a cosmetic issue. Very dishearting.

Jason33
Contributor III

@Matt.Ellis I'd imagine that if this "is what it is", and just "something to do with the login procrss on macOS" it would happen all the time, not just when Jamf Connect is applied. I think this is Jamf wanting to not take ownership, because they're aware and havent a clue as to the cause.

ninxsoft
New Contributor II

Okay, so progress in our environment!

For some reason we had Network Filtering turned on in one of our Web Content Filtering configuration profiles.

Removed this option and after a reboot, Jamf Connect Login > Desktop only takes ~5 seconds, which is very reasonable for our environment.

Anyone else using Web Content Filtering / Network Filtering configuration profiles?
6fc2cc3a0ceb4b0b82ddd68960dff972