I'm a quite new mac System admin. We would like to manage properly identity on Apple devices. Because bind mac to AD bring some hassles and some are out of our network (don't reach AD).
So we're looking a product that provides identity from our hybrid environment (Active Directory + Azure Active Directory). Most of our environment is Microsoft but some VIP and departments ( Graphic Designer ) use Mac. We saw that one of last version of Jamf Connect can manage hybrid identity.
I found some feedback but not enough with hybrid environment. What do you think about this product ? Do you know an alternative because it's a bit pricey 2$ / month / Device.
- Hybrid (Active Directory + Azure Active Directory)
- Office 365
- Adfs 3.0 will upgrade 5.0 soon (may be not possible with 3)
- MFA Azure
- Active directory authority for local resources (Printers, file servers, wifi,...)
- Apple Business Manager (just few Macs)
- Couple Macs bound to AD others are "Free"
I asked a trial to Jamf and give a try.