Monterey Beta 2 Jamf Connect

Andrew_Kuntz1
New Contributor III

Is anyone else having issues trying to login in via Jamf Connect on the Monterey Beta 2 that was released? As soon as I try to enter my password the second time my machine sits at a black screen? I've seen this issue on the Mac mini and a MacBook Air both on M1.

25 REPLIES 25

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

saw this as well. I ended up typing in my password first and then the username. But when I click on the fields, i see nothing show up and it takes about 5 minutes to login finally.

jsmith10
New Contributor II

I'm getting the same result, running beta 2 and Jamf Connect 2.2.0. I can put in my username and password and I see the confirmation dialog box pop up really quick and then the screen goes black for like 20 seconds and then come back to the login dialog. Arg!

user-ITYOiCuFlT
New Contributor

Seeing the same - M1 Macbook Pro running beta 2 and Connect 2.4

Jason33
Contributor III

Same issue for me; I didnt try putting in the password first and then trying the user name. Might give that a shot later on.

s1carii
New Contributor

I saw this too running JC 2.4 and Monterey Beta 2. I eventually had to shut down (not restart, that didn't work) and wait a couple minutes, turn back on - then it bypassed the JC login entirely and was just FV2. A real odd issue that I hope can get resolved before release.

user-xLUyFyoDnO
New Contributor

I can confirm that I ran in to the same issue and that also got problems with doing local login.

user-xLUyFyoDnO
New Contributor

I ran in to the very same problem.

Andrew_Kuntz1
New Contributor III

Seems to be affecting Self Service as well!

J_Holwerda
New Contributor

same here with AzureAD JC 2.4, guessing some compatibility issue that will get resolved, is there a JC beta available that anyone can get access to? I'm totally new to both Apple and jamf.

Sachin_Parmar
Contributor

+1 following this thread too, we're affected also, Login Window is JC can't log in, click password field goes black, comes back blank username, can't type in there. To get my test device back, Recovery killed the auth.db, which restored back to apple and log in using the default macOS window and disabled JC until it's fixed

mwoodard87
New Contributor III

@Andrew_Kuntz1  I'm having that issue on my M1's. But I've found its not limited to Jamf Connect. Its something to do with the OS and some change to password field within the OS. I use Microsoft Remote Desktop and when i enter a password it crashes all the time. However if i set the field in MRD to reveal password works every time. It appears any system password prompts work just fine but applications that have a password field and it doesn't have a reveal option it will crash when typing in the field. It was broken in the Apple Seed Beta 2 and still in Beta 3.

abrunner
New Contributor III

I'm on Monterey beta 3 and same issue. To login to my MacBook Pro I have to do a restart to get to the FileVault unlock screen. The Jamf Connect window presented at login with the disk already decrypted doesn't work. As soon as I hit tab to get to the password field or click in it it goes to a black screen. I'm on Jamf Connect 2.4.0 Build 4. Are you seeing this with newest release of Connect?

mhegge
Contributor III

My test Mac Mini M1 was jacked after installing the beta. Had to re-format and not enroll with JAMF Connect in order to continue to use the computer. Had to go through the whole use of Configurator, which has been fixed in 11.5, in order to "re-image".

James_tolley
New Contributor II

Once I tab into the password field in Jamf Connect 2.4.0 the screen goes black and restarts JC login screen again. Had to uninstall Jamf Connect to get into the local account. Hopefully will be address in the the Jamf Pro/Jamf Connect release. I've sent the feedback to Apple as well.

Are you using FileVault? If you are you should be able to restart and unlock/login from the FileVault screen. That's how I've been managing.

Using FileVault so able to login once Jamf Connect was uninstalled.

oit-jamf
New Contributor II

Same here, on jamf connect 2.3.3. I was stuck in a log in loop, local login did not work, I could enter user name but no possibility to proceed with password. I had to wipe my test device , reinstall and changed back to default macOS login window, only then did I upgrade to Monterey beta.

sebFischer_
New Contributor

Can also confirm login issue with current macOS public beta (Build 21A5294g) and latest Jamf Connect 2.4.1. I can authorize with Azure but can not fill in my password to create local account. Also fall back local login does also not work. Did someone get a pre release from Connect to test or has other news?

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Hey everyone! We also had some issues with Jamf Connect Login on Monterey until the latest Monterey beta (21A5294g). Now we can actually log in with a new enrollment, but the trick is to move the selection out of the password window and back to the username window. Some kind of UI wonkiness at play. It seems to be a bit more of an Apple thing than a Jamf thing so if you're noticing this behavior throw in feedback with Apple too.

dan_berlyoung
New Contributor III

Add my voice to the choir. I'm seeing this with Connect 2.3.3. 

Mine stalls at the second password entry screen. It won't allow typing in the text box there. Also, it acts as though the previous box is still there by changing the cursor to the I beam and pointer over the areas on the screen where the interface elements were when the previous window was there.

I was able to get in only by logging in via the Local Account button. 

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

Monterey Beta 6 and JC 2.4.4 seems to resolve the issues of logging in.  

jsmith10
New Contributor II

Thanks for the update, I'll check that out this morning. 

Looks like I am still having issues on my M1 Mac mini

Captainamerica
Contributor II

My Jamf connect login banner is just so huge that I cannot even see my username or password line - so I cannot enter anything. So jamf connect and monterey is missing something

zortmanc
New Contributor II

Anyone ever resolve this issue?  I am still battling the 'black screen with JC 2.14 and MAC OS 12.5.1