NoMAD Login screen off center

myu
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I know this isn't the NoMAD Login support channel but just asking on the off chance anyone else out there has found a workaround to this issue since Jamf Connect is the commercial version of NoMAD.

When using a Macbook Air (M1), the NoMAD Login screen randomly goes off center with black bars on 2 sides as if the resolution of the background image is smaller than the screen's and it isn't "stretching" to fill. No other Google result out there except for a single report here about 9 months ago which remains open.

IMG_9321.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

aprilcarr
New Contributor

Ours do the same. The only time I've seen it fullscreen is after a logout.

No solution as of yet.

user-BnhOncWFnR
New Contributor

We have run into the same issue today. I found this inquiry dated four months ago. Any chance a solution has been located?

KirkMacca
New Contributor

Same issue here on M1 MacBook Pro but not on Mac mini. Any solutions? 

enochb
New Contributor

This was happening for me as well. Using a custom background image that is the resolution of the screen solved the issue on our M1 MacBook Airs.

what's the resolution? got the same issue on M1 2021.

Pioneer
New Contributor III

Got the same issue on Intel MacBook 2017 with latest Monterey 12.5 installed.

bechtle-simon-m
New Contributor

Same problem here as well. Any update on this would be highly appreciated.

Addendum: The latest progress, also since source code repository moved to GitHub, seems to be tracked here https://github.com/jamf/NoMADLogin-AD/issues/1 

awjohnso
New Contributor

I just ran into this issue too on a Mac Mini M1 connected to a KVM over HDMI to a 1080p display. It was working just fine and while working on some future changes I removed the PolicyBanner file in /Library/Security and the problem started happening on boot up. Once a user logs in and back out the NoMAD Login screen is centered.

I re-installed the policy banner and bingo, it NoMAD Login screen behaves...

-Andrew