Screen Share from Device Record?

bcbackes
Contributor III

I had to drop my daughter off at work during the keynote. What did I miss? I caught a small part about a future enhancement that will allow Jamf Pro to do a screen share without the need for a 3rd party app? Anyone have more info on this? I'm going to need to watch the keynote over again!

7 REPLIES 7

aw3t
New Contributor

The only part I recall was that it appears that you could start the remote session from a browser on the endpoint.  I have a video snippet but it doesn't provide much more info.

bcbackes
Contributor III

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else in the keynote outside of where I initially heard it. Found it in the Keynote at 1:40:32.

This is built into Jamf Pro and requires Internet but doesn't require VPN. This will allow us to remotely support all our Macs. It is called "Remote Administration" and will be available in the Management tab within the computer's device record in Jamf Pro. 

Excited to test this when it comes out!

tgoodwyn
New Contributor

Can anyone from JAMF provide an ETA on the release? Looks exciting, can't wait to try it out.

JeffEagle
New Contributor

I just opened a ticket with Support to ask if a Beta of the feature is available - huge win for our customers and service desk when this releases. 

I reached out to my CSM and they said this functionality will come out in 2023. However, if there is a beta/early release let me know.

JeffEagle
New Contributor

100% - from the crowd at JNUC22 this announcement generated the highest interest :-)

bcbackes
Contributor III

I'm sure Jamf was getting both barrels from everyone inquiring about this feature. To me, and I assume everyone else, this is a huge game changer. Our shop is primarily a Windows shop so if our Support Techs can remotely screenshare via Jamf Computer Record from their Windows device then this will be a huge victory for IT.