802.1x connection without user intervention

Himanshu_03
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have created configuration profile, that has network pane and scep certificate pane.

The network pane has all the settings for connecting to the 802.1x wifi and scep certificate pane is used for distributing the certificate to the system so that it could be used for authenticating the wifi .

Now the problem here is ,everything is working fine except the prompt that we are getting to select the certificate for connecting the wifi .We should not get that prompt while connecting the wifi that is what I believe.

Note : Our certificate is getting deployed on the system keychain and also when we manually select the certificate then we are able to connect the wifi network ,but the only thing is that we need to skip that certificate selection process.

Any help would be much appreciated !

2 REPLIES 2

cubandave
Contributor

Hello @Himanshu_03 

there a few key things I’ve found that help with this on macOS and iOS deployments. 

• make sure to include all certificates including the ADCS/SCEP in a single config profile
  • make sure in the network payload of the to select the identity certificate 
  • make sure to add the trust chain for any sub and root CA certs that you include in the profile 

Hopes this helps!

44CC22B6-0C7C-42A1-AE7B-ACBAB12BDA48.jpeg

BE1E7342-DA07-4650-916D-567D2C732AF6.jpeg

MannyKrishna
New Contributor II

do you get 802.x profile details in scoped mac's ?, you can share profile to validate