APNS Portal Certificates - How Many?

MichaelMiller
New Contributor

I'm looking to set up a sandbox instance of Jamf Cloud. Does anyone know how many certificates the APNS portal supports? I'm a little nervous in selecting "Create new certificate" when I have a production instance and certificate deployed. I'm "assuming" that the "Create new certificate" wouldn't impact my current & valid production certificate, but rather be safe than sorry and ask the group. 

Any impacts to currently deployed certificates when creating a new one in the APNS portal? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I haven't logged into our Apple push portal recently, but I believe we have at least 4 or 5 different push certs there, so there should be no issue with adding additional ones. So, no, choosing Create new certificate has no impact on the current ones.

One piece of advice though - If you're not already doing this, I would take advantage of the fact that Apple's portal allows you to add notes to the push certs. I have done that so as not to get confused about which one is which. A simple note showing which server it was generated for or what it's purpose is goes a long way toward preventing future confusion.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I haven't logged into our Apple push portal recently, but I believe we have at least 4 or 5 different push certs there, so there should be no issue with adding additional ones. So, no, choosing Create new certificate has no impact on the current ones.

One piece of advice though - If you're not already doing this, I would take advantage of the fact that Apple's portal allows you to add notes to the push certs. I have done that so as not to get confused about which one is which. A simple note showing which server it was generated for or what it's purpose is goes a long way toward preventing future confusion.