Apple Configurator 2

Ian_mullineaux
New Contributor

Hi 

I am trying to set up Apple Configurator 2 so I can enrol some iPads into our apple school manager and jamf

In the configurator set up I am being asked for the MDM servers name and host name or IP address.

Can anyone tell me where to find it?? I have looked through school manager and also Jamf and can't find anything

thanks

Ian

6 REPLIES 6

pbenware1
Release Candidate Programs Tester

"Name" is what ever you want to put in there.  Its just for you to distinguish your Jamf instance.

"Host name or URL:" is the URL of your Jamf Server; the URL you use to connect to the Jamf console.

burnhamt
New Contributor III

Apple has a great article listed for completing this setup. 

Add devices from Apple Configurator to Apple Business Manager 

For computers you can also use Apple Configurator for iPhone. My Apple engineer has informed me that this feature should be coming to the iOS world with iOS 16. 

Feel free to reach out to me. I have written up a guide for my team that I we should be able to edit to work with your office. 

thanks for the response - the part I am having trouble with is preferences > servers where I have to give the enrolment url and trust certificates - I presume this is Jamf..

I appear to have the organisation set up correctly...

I am having trouble locating this info in Jamf  or apple school manager as I cannot find a url 

It would be your Jamf instance? To look it up log into your Jamf mgmt console. 

• setting - Global management - Jamf Pro URL

Hi

Thanks again for the message. I found information previously  that gave the same location but I don't have that option in my management console which is why I am struggling to locate it.

I have attached a screenshot of my global management section

https://www.nwaslearningzone.net/gm.png 

So the url would be what ever you used to log into the console. So it could be something like jamf.domain.com:8443.