Assistance with Domain Migration using JAMF

Heavy_D
Contributor III

Hello JAMF Nation

As the subject states I have been tasked to migrate about 50ish or so macs from one domain to another and was wondering how others like myself have got this to work as effortlessly as possible. I have some concerns and was hoping to get some Ideas on how to go about it and getting it all done properly.

Currently: Machines are domain bound and in their perspective security groups and OU's and managed with (NoMad) for password changes. The usernames (mobile) currently on the machines have file-vault enabled and are the only accounts to have a secure token. 

Question? How or would it be possible to migrate to a new domain with a new username as the usernames do not follow the same convention as the previous domain, that would in part need to have a secure token passed to it as well as maintaining the File Vault structure already escrowed to JAMF and making sure these users are added to their new OU's and Security groups from within that New domain. Would it be easier to make the profiles Local from Mobile and then migrate.

Any assistance on this would be very helpful this is my first ever mac migration and have 0 clue on how to even remotely make this work properly and efficiently for this migration to go as smooth as possible.

Thanks you all in Advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Heavy_D
Contributor III

I used this tool to complete the task: https://github.com/BIG-RAT/mobile_to_local

No one had anything else to add so Accepting as Solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Please provide details. A lot of great people here willing to help but we need some details!

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

Heavy_D
Contributor III

Absolutely @Hugonaut what specifics would you be needing? 

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Details you added to your OP are perfect.

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

Heavy_D
Contributor III

I used this tool to complete the task: https://github.com/BIG-RAT/mobile_to_local

No one had anything else to add so Accepting as Solution.