Does Jamf 400 require on-prem server experience?

lucrania
New Contributor II

I've passed Jamf 200 and 300 and am taking 400 soon. I saw that one of the course topics is "Infrastructure: mysql and configuration." I only have experience with cloud based jamf so I haven't ever had to mess with my own installation. Should I be spinning up my own instance to prepare?

4 REPLIES 4

sujal1208
New Contributor III

I would like to know this as well. Also, can I ask how as Jamf 200 was for you and any advice on someone who just took level 100. I am the only one who manages JAMF for my company so I am learning everything and trying everything on my own with a test dummy (don't wanna shell out the fee until I'm fully ready). 

RoyU
New Contributor II

Not him, but for me. 200 course was quite allright.

As long as you're comfortable navigating within the jamf envoirment and generally know where everything is.

The material shows everything well and its quite easy to understand. You'l do just fine.

200 is basicaly the same as 100, just a bit more in-depth. No stress required :D 

sujal1208
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update. I am practicing a lot more packages, policies, configuration profiles and started DEP related things, you have any other topics that I may need to go into. Mostly, we use Mac(s) for my company so mobile MDM is a bit of a challenge. 

RoyU
New Contributor II

No problem!

Yeah, you'l do just fine with the amount of stuff you're tinkering with.

If you're still unsure about how you'l do. There's also this nifty site called docs.jamf.com that got the jamf 200, 300, and 400 course materials.

https://docs.jamf.com/education-services/resources/20211229/Resources_Welcome.html

Happy reading! :D