Enable standard users to add Profiles

ardrake
New Contributor III

Our wifi requires that a profile containing several certificates be installed, and Monterey+ requires admin credentials to do this.  This creates an unnecessary burden in the case of sysprep, changed passwords, and certificate updates. I'd like to allow standard users to add/remove profiles (that aren't managed by Jamf Pro).  I'd hoped this would be as simple as it was to enable standard users to modify date/time settings, but the "security authorizationdb" command did not work for Profiles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

dolfhoegaerts
New Contributor III

If it is just to add certificates for WiFi you should look into the AD CS connector and SCEP, with this integration you can push the certificate to the device with a configuration profile

https://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/jamf-pro/digicert/10.40.0/Distributing_Certificates_Using_the...

Thank you for that suggestion.  That might just be the ideal solution here, if we can make that work.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I dont think what you are asking is possible. However, there is no reason JAMF could not deploy the configuration profile containing the certificate or one that builds the certificate.