First iPhone enrolled, user wants data and contacts

DAMc
New Contributor III

On Friday I had my first new iPhone enroll in Jamf Pro. Friday night the user contacted me saying when he tries to restore his data from iCloud it wipes his phone but then it re-enrolls in Jamf Pro. Everything I have researched says restoring from iCloud or iTunes will wipe the phone. I asked at the Apple store but all they would say is bring in the two phones. Other than Airdrop which they said would not bring over his contacts, does Apple have a solution for selectively bringing data over? I am new to Jamf and Apple and this seems to be an Apple issue but I would imagine this is something the Jamf community has dealt with before. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Depending on how his data was migrated (iCloud backup for example) the apps should install and VPP licensing should still work. However backup's to not migrate keychain passwords. So anything like a mail account with a password will need the password reentered to sync everything. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

The user should just need to sign back in to whatever account has their contacts in Settings > Mail. Usually this is their AppleID or something like Gmail.

DAMc
New Contributor III

Thanks AJPinto, I will let him know. He was hoping everything would be there but I would imagine he will have to install any apps he had.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Depending on how his data was migrated (iCloud backup for example) the apps should install and VPP licensing should still work. However backup's to not migrate keychain passwords. So anything like a mail account with a password will need the password reentered to sync everything.