GSX Status updates sent to Slack

cmendoza
New Contributor

Hi everyone!

I'm unsure if this is possible, but I figured this is the best place to ask.  Is there a way to get repair updates from GSX that can be sent to a specific Slack channel?  We basically want a channel where our Support team can see the status of repairs rather than logging into GSX check. I've tried generating an email address for the Slack channel and entering it into the email field in the Notifications tab in GSX, but that didn't work for me.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5

MLBZ521
Contributor III

I haven't utilized GSX to check for repair status myself.....as I'm not directly involved with day-to-day customer/device support, but....

GSX does have an API that you could query to get status info and then post that to a Slack channel.

cmendoza
New Contributor

Thank you! I figured I may need the API documentation, but for some reason, I'm having a hard time finding it.

MLBZ521
Contributor III

Check article SN7395 in GSX.  If I remember correctly, you have to specifically request access to the portal where the documentation is located...  (i.e.  GSX web console access != GSX API documentation access)

MLBZ521
Contributor III

Also check article OP714 in GSX.

Thank you so much! I'll check those out.