M2 Macs Enrolment

Pioneer
New Contributor III

Hello,

We are running on-premises JAMF Pro 10.37.2 server, and today we've got our first M2 MacBook to enrol.

The enrolment process  was similar to M1, however it didn't apply any policies or profiles till I manually run jamf recon and then jamf policy and jamf manage commands - it was just MDM profile sitting there for a long time and that's it. Typically it's finishing enrolment in couple minutes with no issues - at least for other Intel and M1 Macs - moreover other Macs enrolled around the same time finished the process successfully, so it doesn't look like network problem.

Unfortunately, we haven't got other M2 Macs to check if this issue is related to new M2 chip or not.

Has anyone else faced this kind of enrolment problems with M2 chips? Is JAMF supporting M2 Macs already or not yet?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

glennu
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I'm expecting an M2 Mac to enter our fleet today and I'll let you know how it does. Are you using Pre-Stage enrollment by chance? I am and I'm expecting the Mac to be delivered by UPS around lunch and setup shortly after. I'm thinking the Pre-Stage will help kick everything off that the manual process above is accomplishing for you.

Pioneer
New Contributor III

Hi glennu, thank you for reply. That M2 Mac was enrolled via user-initiated enrolment, as it was user's owned -BYOD (for institutional-owned devices we use pre-stages, of course). I absolutely agree with you about pre-stage enrolments, but we've got plenty of BYODs on our site, which we have to enrol and support - and they can be any models. I hope your M2 enrolment experience will be smooth.

glennu
Release Candidate Programs Tester

This is my super delayed reply, so apologies! We now have two M2 machines in the fleet and haven't had any issues w/prestage. At the moment we don't do any user initiated, although I did do that with a large amount of machines to initially have everyone enroll into JAMF, as our company is located all over the country.

Curious to how this went for you. Did you ever end up getting it resolved? By chance do you know what your check in frequency is? Mine is 15 minutes and sometimes when testing policies I feel like it never happens-I have all the patience for people and their tech but not much myself sometimes lol

Pioneer
New Contributor III

Hi glennu, we've got another couple of new M2 Macs recently (also user-initiated) - and they were enrolled with no issues this time. Probably, because we upgraded JAMF to 10.39.1 since last time, or maybe it was just that particular Mac problem.

Our check-in frequency is 30 minutes, however at the end of enrolment process it's doing recon anyway, and it should start applying policies with "Enrolment Complete" trigger (as well as profiles in scope), but it wasn't doing any of that with the first M2 Mac we received, except for putting MDM profile.

Anyway, thanks for your replies, let's hope it'll work as expected now.

dmlasd
New Contributor II

I have 10 M2 MBPs I am trying to enroll (via pre-stage).  Running into several issues.  Ugh.

pmac789
New Contributor

Just Curious, did you have any issues with M1?