Mac health tool

Khikoman
New Contributor II

Is there such a tool that you can use to tell you the health of your mac, like battery life, how long the machine has not shut down, if the security as well as the other softwares are updated or not.

I am trying to have a tool that will just pop-up to inform users that they need to update their software or to shut down the machine once in a while.

6 REPLIES 6

Themacsurgeon
New Contributor II

TechTools Pro or EtreCheck can perform this function and be customized. Add one of them to your Jamf Pro instance via a .pkg then push it out via a new policy. 

Themacsurgeon
New Contributor II

You can also check out MachineProfile by Micromat. That shows you battery health/cycle count and info on min OS, current OS, and recommended/ most up to date OS. 

Jordy-Thery
New Contributor III

Maybe the Support App from Root3 is what you're looking for? https://marketplace.jamf.com/details/support-app

Khikoman
New Contributor II

Thanks guys. I will look at those apps mentioned. Really appreciate the help.

pete_c
Contributor III

The "Jamf way" to gather this would be to create extension attributes (EAs).

There are plenty of examples here on JN, on GitHub, and all over the blogs. By using EAs for these values, you can create Smart Groups, then let Jamf take automatic action based on the group membership - raising a ticket for the status of a battery, or prompting the user to restart their machine if it's been continuously up for some number of days.

Security updates are quite different from Intel to Apple Silicon, so for those I like to query a dedicated tool such as Howard Oakley's excellent silnite utility.

Khikoman
New Contributor II

Thanks for this info pete_c, this seems to be comprehensive. I will check on this one as well.