macOS Monterey and Ethernet Dongle/Adapter interfering/dropping WiFi?

fernando_gonzal
Contributor

Hi, anybody seeing issues with macOS Monterey and ethernet dongles interfering with the WiFi? Basically both connections dropping with self assigned IPs. Disconnecting the Ethernet dongle or rebooting can sometimes help. Networking group stating that they see DHCP snooping messages and chaddr messages/errors. As though the top interface (ethernet) presents its IP with the ethernet adapter's MAC address but then also at some point presents it with the MAC address for the wireless (even though both should be separated interfaces with separated MAC addresses and have assigned IPs)

3 REPLIES 3

jasonm
New Contributor II

I see a similar issue on the iOS side using Lightning to ethernet adapters to prep devices before they are handed off to users.  It has been that way for a while and the only workaround I have for it is I have multiple adapters.  When one has a freak out I change it out and the new one works.  I think it is related to some network security settings on our switch but cannot pin it down.

ablend
New Contributor III

Do you happen to have Carbon Black as an AV agent? 

jasonm
New Contributor II
No we use Cisco AMP as the endpoint client and some other Cisco network security suite.